return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Music Discussion

Pages: [1] 2 
Goldenscan - Sunrise spoken lyrics
View this Thread in Original format
Cobalt
From this thread, something that I haven't been able to answer.

As taken from Goldenscan - Sunrise (DJ Tiesto Remix):
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt
"Whispering a new beginning
those fantasies, a new day dawning
endless possibilities
dreaming of a perfect life

day breaks on another day
across the beautiful horizon

I feel alive
never leave this place
the only place I need to be
...(?)...
that sunrise..."

Try to help me out on that missing line. Maybe those with a British accent could gauge it better. The vocal is from the beginning of the track. My only guesses are:

"never mind can a secret face"
"every mind's got a secret face"

The first one fits the context better, but makes no sense.
The second one sounds odd because of the contraction.
spacechica
I remember the first time I saw PvD spin live, I rested up against the DJ Booth and closed my eyes, thinking to myself that I never wanted to forget that feeling...

reminds me of this song.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt
From this thread, something that I haven't been able to answer.

As taken from Goldenscan - Sunrise (DJ Tiesto Remix):
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
"everytime that I see your face...", that's the only thing that I can come up with that fits.

sucks how that noise has to come right on that part...lol
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
ya know its funny, I was listening to the Ronski Speed Remix because the lyrics are slowed down, they take that line out completely.
goldenscan
Its safe to say that I can be of assistance here

The correct lyric is:

Whispering a new beginning
Lost fantasies of new day dawning
Endless possibilities
Dreaming of a perfect life

Day breaks on another day
Across the beautiful horizon

And I feel alive
Never leave this place
The only place I need to be
Heaven lies where i see your face
At sunrise...

Hope that helps

;-)
Nell
cool, thanks- wanted to know that aswell!

jus tout of interest.. who wrote the lyrics and who spoke them? was it yourself?
goldenscan
quote:
Originally posted by Nell
cool, thanks- wanted to know that aswell!

jus tout of interest.. who wrote the lyrics and who spoke them? was it yourself?

The lyric was written by Mark McCormick and i cant remember the name of the girl who spoke them..sorry!

I will find out and update the post. ;-)
Nell
i always thought it was a male speaking!.. although now i'm relistening it's a whisper with effects i can see how it could be a female...

i remember the good 'ol days when judge jules used to thump the original out back in 2000ish.. ah the memories!

it's got one of those 'screeching' high pitched melodies which you either love or hate the sound of- like gouryella - gouryella, fortunately i love it :)
stamper
What a classic!

Am i correct in saying that the original version of this song never contained vocals?
Cobalt
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. :)

Cobalt
Also, may I add that I adore these lyrics, and the track that they go to.
goldenscan
quote:
Originally posted by stamper
What a classic!

Am i correct in saying that the original version of this song never contained vocals?

Well, there are originals of tracks and there are originals.

Sunrise is a bit of a weird one when it comes to the actual original. The original version as everyone knows it (virgin/VC release), with the Tiesto mix of the b-side was one of 3 possible original mixes which was picked off the package by the labels involved at the time.

There is a very rare "Sunriser" that we would call the 1st Original mix which contains the spoken vocal and some additional melodies but that was never released and never will be.

To this day it is our favourite mix of the track and i believe that only Matt Hardwick got a cdr of it 5 years ago. It wont ever see a release though because it was a bit too different and maybe the production quality hasnt stood the test of time.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement