return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
250 mW laser Green
View this Thread in Original format
Beat_Chemist
I know of a guy trying to get rid of a custom built Laser its 250 mW or a quarter watt whatever that means. He says a computers built into the laser. Its green and can do all your typical patterns liquid sky effect etc.

I wanna know...is trading a car (worth about 400 bucks) plus like 500 dollars a good trade for the laser?!? He says he paid $3000 for it but I dunno anything about lasers and he could be lying.
biznology
ill eschew the abbreviation...

WHAT THE !?!

seriously|
th0m
Why would you want a laser that's worth $3k? (according to him)

Are you gonna install it in your room?
Jackson
quote:
Originally posted by th0m

That is what i was thinking....Fire the "LAYSSERR" (Dr evil)
Streakfury
I'm confused. You started talking about lasers, then computers, then cars...

:conf:

EDIT: Ah that's better.
dj_mdma
quote:
Originally posted by Beat_Chemist
I know of a guy trying to get rid of a custom built Laser its 250 mW or a quarter watt whatever that means. He says a computers built into it I wanna know...is a car worth about 400 bucks plus like 500 dollars a good trade?!? He says he paid $3000 for it but I dunno anything about lasers and he could be lying.

250 milliwatts?

My torch give a better wattage than that!

maybe you mean 250 Megawatts? in which case, unless you have a club, i wouldn't recommend putting that in your room unless you want fried retinas.:stongue:
UWM
Are you going to mount it on an aircraft and aim it at your professor's house in order to pop a gigantic container of popcorn?
Beat_Chemist
quote:
Originally posted by th0m

I DJ and I recently added live P.A. elements to it running a lap top to the setup, I figured if I could get this laser I could put on quite the wickid show as I know exactly when the beats drop and whats coming after. I feel that having some control over the lighting would grealty add to showmanship. Sides lasers are fickin cool who wouldn't want one?
igottaknow
just promise me you won't build another death star with it :mad:

Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Are you going to mount it on an aircraft and aim it at your professor's house in order to pop a gigantic container of popcorn?

Ok, that was pretty damn funny. :stongue:

Parasense
Green lasers are mostly DPSS (Diode Pumped Solid State) lasers and they can be expensive, too.
I you want to buy a laser scanner, you may check the stuff on eBay. There you can get something for a few hundred bucks. May be not 250 miliwatts, not that powerful but not $3000. You can even find those new white/multicolor lasers. Most clubs are installing multi-color laser systems, lately, you know. But they are much more expensive. Also if you are interested in electronics, you may wanna check that page http://elm-chan.org/works/vlp/report_e.html about a homemade laser scanner
tribu
quote:
Originally posted by UWM

Quality movie
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement