return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Summerdance 2005?
View this Thread in Original format
S-a-M-u-E-l
Is summerdance going on this year?
FellatedOne
More important question.

WTF is Summerdance?

LOL!
lücid
summerfest > summerdance

:p
rock_roll18
Lucid as usual being useful :(
S-a-M-u-E-l
Summerdance was the free, all ages once-a-week dance fest that had dj's such as derrick carter, bad boy bill, farley jackmaster funk, dj collete, dj heather, and finally frankie knuckles. It happened right on Michigan avenue in the heart of chicago..Anyways, it was a ing incredible time, and hopefully it welt well enough last year to occur again this year.
everything0
quote:
Originally posted by S-a-M-u-E-l
Is summerdance going on this year?

http://www.chicagotraveler.com/chic...ts-calendar.htm

Its listed, but dosen't say anything about having one day each week reserved for DJs. Hopefully they pull through again. I always looked forward to wednesdays. summerdance then moonshine.
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by rock_roll18
Lucid as usual being useful :(

oh shush! you know i'm useful. :clown:
DJPrototypeX
i hope there is.. made my weeks fly.. summerdance has gone on for yrs IIRC. it was just last yr when they added DJs to the line-up..
jonze234
maybe they can do something if they decide to build that concert venue where meigs field used to be
djsparta
I know the group of individuals who organized this event during summerfest. Basically, they said it was a huge success and they are going to do it again. Aside from all the fights and drugs, there is not much anyone can do to control a crowd like that. Nevertheless, they feel that it is worth a repeat.

-there might be more dj's and more styles of music. Possibly trance and more techno. Thats what i have heard, but nothing is for sure. I'll keep you guys posted.

everything0
found this

Wednesday, June 22
6 - 9pm, DJ Mike Dearborn (Techno)
DJ Jeff Mills (House & Techno)

Wednesday, June 29
6 -9pm, DJ Lego (House) and Jesse De La Pena (House)

its been updated at least once today, so don't know how 'confirmed' or official it is.

The direct link won't work since its cookie-based, so the navigation will be

http://egov.cityofchicago.org
* hit Events in the header
* hit Chicago SummerDance in the main body
* hit Chicago SummerDance 2005 schedule in the left-nav

EDIT:
add
Wednesday, June 15
6 -9pm, Paul Johnson (Deep House) and Maurice Joshua (Deep House)
UWM
Wow, Jeff Mills is going to perform at one?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement