return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Ways to Conquer Fear of Everything?
View this Thread in Original format
Perfect_Cheezit
Are there any ways any of you TAs know of to conquer your instinctual feared reactions of everything (read, everything)? I think it would be interesting to know what, if anything, some of you TAs fear, or if you formerly feared something, how you ended your fear.

I'm not really afraid of alot of things but for example when I'm driving this morning and some slammed on his brakes in front of me, my brakes locked and I almost died when I had to swerve off the road to avoid hitting him. I was afraid right then, but not before or after; do any of you know any ways to conquer this sort of innate feared reactions? Is it possible to be afraid of nothing in that sense?
Geoff
just die, problem solved
trunks1022
quote:
Originally posted by Perfect_Cheezit
Are there any ways any of you TAs know of to conquer your instinctual feared reactions of everything (read, everything)? I think it would be interesting to know what, if anything, some of you TAs fear, or if you formerly feared something, how you ended your fear.

I'm not really afraid of alot of things but for example when I'm driving this morning and some slammed on his brakes in front of me, my brakes locked and I almost died when I had to swerve off the road to avoid hitting him. I was afraid right then, but not before or after; do any of you know any ways to conquer this sort of innate feared reactions? Is it possible to be afraid of nothing in that sense?

u said innate. therefore you just answered your own question
November
Actually to overcome the sort of fear you're talking about it's just one way to overcome it..
The more you face it the more you get used to it..
Face your fear.. in the end you will get familiar to it and therefore not react with fear..

Sounds like a dread I know

:D
Orbax
alcohol

edit: and when I went flipping over the cliff and almost died

I wasnt really afraid, but i had been when I was younger...

Its mainly been a mellowing out. Ive stopped trying to control everything and only worried about 1 thing. How I respond. Its a work, theres no magical thing you do to stop all. But in the end if you realize that the only thing anyone will ever remember about you is your responses, your reactions, and how you dealt with people...work on that. Youll eventually come to a certain point of fatalism thats a form of acceptance I think. Accepting yourself, accepting whats happening, and dealing with it the best you can.

Its what its all about :)
Clovis86
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
alcohol

* Bacardi 151
Boomer187
once you've lost everything your free to do anything. :wtf:

actually pick up some behavior modification bbooks, or some books by bf skinner and apply those strategies. It usually works faster than any other therapy. I love using it too. :wtf:
Orbax
haha seriously. For the last couple of years i feel like ive been living on borrowed time and Gods gonna remember that crazy drunk kid who crashses and rides his motorcycle too hard and take me back @@
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax

Its mainly been a mellowing out. Ive stopped trying to control everything and only worried about 1 thing. How I respond. Its a work, theres no magical thing you do to stop all. But in the end if you realize that the only thing anyone will ever remember about you is your responses, your reactions, and how you dealt with people...work on that. Youll eventually come to a certain point of fatalism thats a form of acceptance I think. Accepting yourself, accepting whats happening, and dealing with it the best you can.

Its what its all about :)

Very well-put.
yujie__
just do it the fear and get it over with

Rijs
In my experience, nothing quite does it like a serious health scare. I went through one last month - at the time, it wasn't nice at all. I'd actually go so far by saying it was the worst time of my life - but, I came out of it more positive than I've ever been, and continue to be so.

That little poke, reminding me of my own mortality, really put my life into perspective, hence, those little 'fears' are now a thing of the past.
Halcyon+On+On
I think it can be different for each person.

I learned to fear death, for a time, but then I realized that there's just way too much beauty in the world to live to die. It's like Roy said in Blade Runner:

quote:
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave.

Maybe the context is off, but it still applies: don't be a slave to your own fear. Simple as that - be in touch with what scares you, for that will keep you alive, but also, don't be ruled by this liveliness. As with anything, living is a great balance with existing. This is one of life's many simple, yet, difficult things to accomplish - a state of pure balance. None shall ever truly attain it in this world, but there is no justifiable reason as to why that should prevent you from trying.

I realized death head-on, and I realized what it implicated. It meant that I was inches, seconds away from never seeing her again. My love for her (or at the very least, the "her" in my mind) was in true danger - this feeling that had been swelling in me for so long was in true, absolute danger - irreversible, teetering on the unknown. You live with it for a while, and you start to realize that eternity is the now, and no good thing ever goes away - you consciously decide to believe in something good. I see no reason to believe anymore, that this is mere optimistic opiation, or maybe I just don't wan to - but even now, I smile at the thought of me being wrong.

It's something that's impossible to express in our limited language and medium. You must demonstrate a life worth living, and find out for yourself.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement