return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
party speakers...
View this Thread in Original format
R.j.
whurr can i buy some of these big bitches... that will last for as long as i live , and are somewhat affordable for a middle class person.

tee a-ch ey en kay why oh you!
J:\Digital
You really don't need these yet.. BUT, you might aswell do a search on Google for JBL EON G2, as find some dealers in your area... Because the shipping rate on speakers would be expensive as hell considering the shear weight of them.

But you really DON'T need them for home use.
R.j.
quote:
Originally posted by J:\Digital
You really don't need these yet.. BUT, you might aswell do a search on Google for JBL EON G2, as find some dealers in your area... Because the shipping rate on speakers would be expensive as hell considering the shear weight of them.

But you really DON'T need them for home use.

i know i don't need them for HOME USE. I need them cuz some of my friends want me to spin some 'techno' @ thurr party soo yeah haha.
J:\Digital
quote:
Originally posted by R.j.
i know i don't need them for HOME USE. I need them cuz some of my friends want me to spin some 'techno' @ thurr party soo yeah haha.

You still won't need speakers like this.. Unless your buddies plan on renting out a Community centre or something..
DannyO
quote:
Originally posted by J:\Digital
You still won't need speakers like this.. Unless your buddies plan on renting out a Community centre or something..

WHAT THE???, what you on about man, RJ don't listen to him, you need to buy the biggest in speakers you can, I mean BIG basterds enough to blow womens cloths off, you can never have music to loud, booyaa.

Anyway, the JBLs EonG2s are awesome, you can also look at the Samson DB500A speakers, there up there with the G2s but cost less.
fr3sh
quote:
Originally posted by DannyO
you need to buy the biggest in speakers you can, I mean BIG basterds enough to blow womens cloths off, you can never have music to loud, booyaa.

testify mah brotha... testify!!!
CosmoKid
if you will be throwing an occasional house party, you can just rent the speakers from a local shop.

unless you are throwing a weekly party it will not be worth it to spend the money on PROPER loudspeakers.
WeasiL
If your looking for a set similar to the JBL EON's you might also want to check out the Mackie SRM450's... Yes they are more expensive but I think you'll find the sound quality a bit better. You may also want to consider a sub to go along with these.
tvmann
Those JBLs and the Mackies rent in my area for the equivalent of about US$25 a day each, including cable and tripod stand. Plus a subwoofer. I'm looking for an excuse to rent them.

Good idea to rent until you find out what kind of gear is best for you.

One rental place has these giant subwoofers that take up about 1/2 of a pickup truck box for $150 a day. Mmmm
DJ Tranz
quote:
Originally posted by WeasiL
If your looking for a set similar to the JBL EON's you might also want to check out the Mackie SRM450's... Yes they are more expensive but I think you'll find the sound quality a bit better. You may also want to consider a sub to go along with these.

FYI!

JBL EON G2 costs exactly the same as Mackie SRM450

Cheers...

WeasiL
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tranz
FYI!

JBL EON G2 costs exactly the same as Mackie SRM450

Cheers...

ahh, my bad. for some reason i thought they were more
Psiweaver
Turbosound.