return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

cdj 800 or Numark CDX
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Scorpion
just wondering witch one of these cd players should i get i know the cd x is about 100 more or so but overall witch one would you get period

i do scratch i do play trance and i play all kinds of music so its for everything kinda use but i love how the Numark CDX looks exactly like a turntable .. but i dont knwo anyone on here who have it there reputation isnt good i havent heard anyone who had it so far
some feedback please thanks
A83
CDX has EFX and Real Vinyl feel. This is a hard one. CDJ 800 is a VERY good deck. I honestly don't know heh...hard choice. I'd go with pioneer just because i'm a pioneer person and I do indeed like the cdj 800's better :happy2:
dj chex
I would take a cdx over a cdj-800 or 1000 b/c i like it's feel, mp3 support, effects, and software upgrade support.
MrChrome
I can't tell the difference between my numark 1650's and a numark cdx. This is a good thing.
A83
quote:
Originally posted by dj chex
I would take a cdx over a cdj-800 or 1000 b/c i like it's feel, mp3 support, effects, and software upgrade support.

I'd take a 1000 over anything but the DVJ's. The 1000 is a phenomenal deck and VERY VERY close to doing the same thing as a turntable.

Next version of the CDJ's should have a on/off switch to have the platter move and touch sensitivity off, or the opposite
dj chex
then again, i'll take my SSL, and 1200 setup over everything...
Ygrene
I chose the CDJ-800.

Why?

I dunno exactly but, after fooling with both decks over a period of a week, I just knew the 800 was right for me.
ibiza_cat
i think the cdj 800s would be the right choice, its just got a feel of such quality to it that only pioneer can deliver, just because the numark cdx has efx and mp3 support, it doesnt mean its a better deck. i i was you, get the 800 than if you were reall bothered about the extras get a pro efx unit from the cash you make of the 800's!
dj chex
It will be much easier if you just go out and try each deck before you buy; everybody just has their own opinions on which is better.
adx
I was in a similiar boat as well. But I was comparing only decks with spinning platters (Denon DNS5000, Numark CDX, Technics SLDZ1200).

Play with them all and go with the one you feel you like most overall.

In my situtation, I am going with a pair of Tech SLDZ1200s.

Cheetah86
It's a tough decision. The CDJ-800 is cheaper, has better pitch accuracy(%.05 versus %.1), and will probably be more reliable, although I don't know if anyone can guarantee that other than knowing that Pioneer players usually are. I'm going to go with everyone else and say try both out and see which one you like more.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement