return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
AMP Milwaukee shows cancelled
View this Thread in Original format
lücid
posted by drew13 over at clubmilwaukee.com -

quote:
We have to cancel all of our upcoming shows in Milwaukee. The venue we were going to use for all of our March events, is being used for other events. This is the last choice for us, as the events are only a week away, we do not have enough time to secure another venue and promote the shows properly.

We are working on securing a venue for our residency, and then we will build the night with the best local Djs and the best International talent for you to hear.

We want to say thank you to Milwaukee and everyone else that made the trips to our shows. We will see you all very soon.

this means no Porter or Zabiela for Milwaukee. :(

looks like i'll be making the trip down for Zabiela @ Soundbar!
JMC
:whip:
neural defect
quote:
Originally posted by lücid

Then, I will see you there!
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by neural defect
Then, I will see you there!

awesome! are you going to Porter on friday? i'm upset that i won't be able to see him since i've already got plans to see a play on friday night.

i'm gonna feel like such a n00b at Soundbar. i've been going to only Vision for the last 2 years. :wtf:
neural defect
quote:
awesome! are you going to Porter on friday? i'm upset that i won't be able to see him since i've already got plans to see a play on friday night.

i'm gonna feel like such a n00b at Soundbar. i've been going to only Vision for the last 2 years. :wtf:

Did two different promotion companies book in the same venue?

I won't be able to make it for Porter also. Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend. But, when you come out for Zabiela @ Soundbar, you can meet some of my friends and we can show you around.
rturn214
I wanted to see Zabiela sooooooo bad.... I just can't afford another Chicago trip so soon! (Not even Hernan, which is the same weekend as Zabiela I think.)

And I too have never been to Sound Bar, thinking of hitting it up for Digweed though, anyone have any info on what the venue is like?

Cheers,

RJT
wolverine16
quote:
Originally posted by rturn214
I wanted to see Zabiela sooooooo bad.... I just can't afford another Chicago trip so soon! (Not even Hernan, which is the same weekend as Zabiela I think.)

And I too have never been to Sound Bar, thinking of hitting it up for Digweed though, anyone have any info on what the venue is like?

Cheers,

RJT

Hope you can find some extra money to make it to Chicago. This sucks, I was going to try to make it to the Milwaukee and Chicago shows. Soundbar is much smaller than Vision and usually gets too crowded for big shows. There's only one level for the main room and then a downstairs wih a couple other people spinning. Soundbar tries to be a bit more "hip" than Vision, but it's generally a good time. I'll be there for Digweed as well.
mrmsn
quote:
posted by drew13 over at clubmilwaukee.com -

I have no concept on promotion. That being said, once a dj or whatever is booked - wouldnt it be booked - especially when promotional material is out and about.

None the less a bummer.

I may have to see about making it down 3.11
MrSquirrel
Soundbar Pros:

Great soundsystem.

Soundbar Cons:

1) No where to stand (or heaven forbid, sit or lean) that is not in the way of people moving from bar to bar or trying to dance unless you want to pay 200 bucks for a bottle of 12 dollar vodka and some mixers to get a "VIP" table.

2) Too small a men's room. Only place on earth where there is always a longer line at the men's restroom than at the women's.

3) Very bad traffic flow.

4) Too loud, the system is very nice but they turn it up too loud in my opinion (and many others').

5) Waaaaaaay too trendy/metrosexual clientele. That is the market they are trying to attract because those are the people who are willing to fork the dough over for a bottle of absolut so "hot" girls will want to sit with them.

Overall, I have to hav ea really good reason to go to soundbar usually. They bring in a lot of good talent cause they fork over the dough, but I can't go out on thursdays, and fridays usually suck too for me. Last time I was there was for Infusion on labor day weekend.

MrS
ctprincess
sorry to hear that amp has to cancel these shows - just shows how fragile relationships between promoters and club owners really are.

neural - i HATE your avatar - must change it or i'm not talking to you EVER again ;)

my advice on sound-bar - make sure you dress nice and get there somewhat early so that you don't have problems with rsvp line etc. - i've always had problems with the line situation outside the club

ctprincess
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquirrel
Overall, I have to hav ea really good reason to go to soundbar usually. They bring in a lot of good talent cause they fork over the dough, but I can't go out on thursdays, and fridays usually suck too for me. Last time I was there was for Infusion on labor day weekend.

ditto - and you know that they have to be losing money by forking over that kind of money - wonder how long it will last before the club owner decides to go hip hop to make some money :stongue:
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by ctprincess
my advice on sound-bar - make sure you dress nice and get there somewhat early so that you don't have problems with rsvp line etc. - i've always had problems with the line situation outside the club

the line to get in is so stupid. the only night that i havent had a big problem with it is for BT. the last time i was there they were only letting in people with sound cards and then 5 minutes before the guest list expired they started letting those people in.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement