return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

mixer/sampler/efex...?
View this Thread in Original format
randummboy
what would i need if i wanted to loop a segment of a song while i'm mixing...?
slumbermonkey
a sampler, i believe.
randummboy
anyone else know more??
Dj Moriano
There are some CD'S that alow you to do loops, and there are mixer's with sampler built in that you alos can do loop's while you playing.

CD'S:
pioneer cdj-500II, pioneer cdj 700, pioneer cmx 5000, denon 2500, denon 2600, denon 2100, tascam cd-302, american dj - pro sacrach 1
and many more....

MIXER'S:
Korg, roland, numark,and i can't remember more right now but there are more.

you can see some of the mixer's and cd's at
www.123dj.com
www.music123.com
DJ Teknique
if u get a CD player with loops make sure it is a seemless loop, otherwise it'll sounds like
Pjotr G
There are little phrase-samplers out there especially for the DJ market, they are not really intended for music production, more for real time (re)mixing:
Boss SP202
http://www.sonicstate.com/synth/images/BossSP202.jpg
Boss SP303

Prolly a bunch of other stuff too
RavingLunatic
the pioneer DJM600 will autosample 4,8,16,32,64 beat segments for you.. supposedly, I have never tried it.

has anyone else tried this feature? it's the thing that distinguishes the DJM500 from the DJM600, and if it works well and seamlessly, I might spend the extra $300 for the 600..

anyone here have the 600?
DJ LIQUID
quote:
Originally posted by RavingLunatic
the pioneer DJM600 will autosample 4,8,16,32,64 beat segments for you.. supposedly, I have never tried it.

has anyone else tried this feature? it's the thing that distinguishes the DJM500 from the DJM600, and if it works well and seamlessly, I might spend the extra $300 for the 600..

anyone here have the 600?

I've got the 600 and yes its that feature is the .

its really simple just tap the button and you just mix it in ...... pretty soon everyone notices that you dont have any records on the 1200s :D

Everyone's like WHOOAAAA :cool: :D
RavingLunatic
really? sweet..

I had heard from a friend of a friend that feature was not "the " but rather ""

he said that it is almost impossible to get a good sample, you have to get it lined up just perfectly for it to sound seamless, which is really tough to do, especially in a loud room..

from what your saying though, it does that automagically, and it sounds just like the record is still playing.. that would be awesome, for those mixes where you want the old track to keep playing for awhile, and it's about to end, or for songs with only a 16 beat intro, you could loop that forawhile before starting the track.

in your opinion is it worth it to get the DJM600 instead of the DJM500?

I think all it has is the auto beat sampling, and the wet dry mix knob for effects.. is that worth $300 do you think?

is the sound quality any better?
RavingLunatic
eh! DJ liquid, I have a few more questions for you.

DJ LIQUID
quote:
Originally posted by RavingLunatic
really? sweet..

I had heard from a friend of a friend that feature was not "the " but rather ""

he said that it is almost impossible to get a good sample, you have to get it lined up just perfectly for it to sound seamless, which is really tough to do, especially in a loud room..

from what your saying though, it does that automagically, and it sounds just like the record is still playing.. that would be awesome, for those mixes where you want the old track to keep playing for awhile, and it's about to end, or for songs with only a 16 beat intro, you could loop that forawhile before starting the track.

in your opinion is it worth it to get the DJM600 instead of the DJM500?

I think all it has is the auto beat sampling, and the wet dry mix knob for effects.. is that worth $300 do you think?

is the sound quality any better?

Yes it does it automatically......it also lets you do it manually..but why? :D

Originally i choose the 600 over the 500 becuase of the Silver finish.....:cool: Yes i know that sounds stupid but thats the truth :D

Im very happy with the 600........so if you got the extra money why not get it.........besides.....if you can shell out $900 there's no reason to not go all out ;) :cool:

sure ask away :)
RavingLunatic
LOL.. bought it for the sliver finish..

well, that was my questions basically, if the autobeat sampling worked well.

I think I will get one.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement