return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Why Is This Site So Bad?
View this Thread in Original format
mmmbeer
Is it just me or is this site one of the worst around with the exception of one thing - these forums!!!!

Reasons Why

No Updates ever - the last one was new years eve!!
No New Music - there used to be updates everyweek atleast - although there are better places to get sets from.
Promise of new site - where is it and helllooo how long does it take - people have taken there time and effort over creating a new sites, and they have seen nothing of it. Why not showcase them?
Popups & Adverts - what the hell do you think you are doing - they are annoying, full of crap & a waste of space. If you need server space why not ask there are enough of us to donate.

This site needs some serious sorting out.

:-)
stren
i don't give a rets ass about trance, so i go straight to forums :D
Basstard
what an ungrateful little n00bie.

1) you couldn't do a better job

2) you do not put a single red cent 2wards the running of this
site whereas swamper puts a small fortune into it.

3) no1 likes you, including your mother.
jon
I cant answer all of your points but ill give it my best shot

the lack of updates are due to the webmasters policy of only posting what can be considered to be the "best" set/video out there plus when this was last brought up about lack of updates logs showed that there was still alot of downloads on the sets up there

there will always be a need for pop ups + adverts, at its peak I belive the site uses something silly like 30 gig a second in b/w which costs £££

the update is in progress, people do have full time jobs as well as running the site, and for a site that is no 1 when trance is searched for in google only the best will do which means it will take longet to ensure everything is running properley (and there will be alot of custom coded scripting in the upgrade for such featurs like the radio broadcast forum etc)
Boomer187
who put sand in your pee hole?

just go to those other sites, this one doesn't like you.
Sand Leaper
quote:
Originally posted by mmmbeer
Is it just me or is this site one of the worst around with the exception of one thing - these forums!!!!

Reasons Why

No Updates ever - the last one was new years eve!!
No New Music - there used to be updates everyweek atleast - although there are better places to get sets from.
Promise of new site - where is it and helllooo how long does it take - people have taken there time and effort over creating a new sites, and they have seen nothing of it. Why not showcase them?
Popups & Adverts - what the hell do you think you are doing - they are annoying, full of crap & a waste of space. If you need server space why not ask there are enough of us to donate.

This site needs some serious sorting out.

:-)

The singles in the download area have been put up with permission from the labels and artists. Nowadays however artists and labels do not want to do this any longer, since they are having such hard times financially as it is. As for the livesets, the reason for the lack of updates is that Swamper (webmaster) is very hard to impress, and only wants to put up the best sets around.

As for ads, it's the only way to cope with bandwidth cost, as Swamper has made it one of his principles to not ask people to pay for keeping his site up. You can still donate, but Swamper would rather shut the site down before begging people to donate to him. And honestly, one banner on top of the forums does not bother me in the slightest.

I agree that there is a lack of updates on the main page. However as far as I'm concerned Swampy could just take down the entire main page and focus on the forums instead, since that's what makes people come back.
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by jon
the lack of updates are due to the webmasters policy of only posting what can be considered to be the "best" set/video out there plus when this was last brought up about lack of updates logs showed that there was still alot of downloads on the sets up there

also he only puts up legal downloads.
Massive84
quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
As for ads, it's the only way to cope with bandwidth cost, as Swamper has made it one of his principles to not ask people to pay for keeping his site up. You can still donate, but Swamper would rather shut the site down before begging people to donate to him. And honestly, one banner on top of the forums does not bother me in the slightest.

I agree that there is a lack of updates on the main page. However as far as I'm concerned Swampy could just take down the entire main page and focus on the forums instead, since that's what makes people come back.

I agree, banners don't bother me at all.

But however i believe this site is based on the forums, so what will an update do really?

You can get news in tons of other sites, but you can't find another good forum like TA .
jonze234
trance is dead. all the music that comes out lately sucks. people on here dont know anything. where can i get free downloads :rolleyes: i think about covers all the other stupid topics that have been posted on here.
jon
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
also he only puts up legal downloads.

aye forgot that bit!

and rofl at your sig!

mmmbeer
Thats why I said apart from the forums - why try to be something your not - im my view the site should just go straight the forums.
Xenocreator_PG_
quote:
Originally posted by mmmbeer

damn straight. There is no life outside the CORe. Now polish my shoe noob! :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement