return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Audio Engineer
View this Thread in Original format
Zenchowdah
Im looking to go to school to become an audio engineer, does anyone have any schools that they know of that do this well?
trancinchink
i'm at nyu rite now. its a pretty good program.

i believe the top two in u.s. are nyu and miami.
mr_fisken
www.sae.edu
Zenchowdah
quote:
Originally posted by mr_fisken
www.sae.edu

quote:
Music Theory is coupled with essential exposure to DJ’ing.

does that mean going to the club is part of the curriculum?

edit $14.800 tuition, that aint bad..
LeiWM06
???

Music theory is more about notes and beats on paper and that kinds of thing...
Zenchowdah
quote:
Originally posted by LeiWM06
???

Music theory is more about notes and beats on paper and that kinds of thing...

i was referring to the

essential exposure to djing

what better place to be exposed to djing

than in the club?
LeiWM06
Humm, actually standing behind another DJ while they're mixing is better IMO...
mzvirbulis
yeah im going to SAE in a few years time.
trancinchink
ok... you guys need to realize something.

DJing and Producing music essentially has very little to do with audio engineering. Producing maybe a slight part, but djing isn't even something audio engineers learn or think about..

audio engineering or music technology major is all about studio work. recording, mastering, live recording, mixdowns, learning about electronics, learning about studio equipment, learning how to design equipment or software, etc. etc.

you have to make it clear. do you want to learn how to dj? or do you want to learn to be an audio engineer...
Zenchowdah
quote:
Originally posted by trancinchink

DJing and Producing music essentially has very little to do with audio engineering. Producing maybe a slight part, but djing isn't even something audio engineers learn or think about..

audio engineering or music technology major is all about studio work. recording, mastering, live recording, mixdowns, learning about electronics, learning about studio equipment, learning how to design equipment or software, etc. etc.

you have to make it clear. do you want to learn how to dj? or do you want to learn to be an audio engineer...

actually, i want to be an audio engineer.

DJFreaq
quote:
Originally posted by trancinchink

i was gonnna comment BIG TIME on this, lol. but you said it. +1

remember... dj-ing producing should be a part of you're life, and certainly an audio engineering course is gunna help

but the paths aren't identical, and vary rarely come together

I'm in AIS because I know I love audio and I want a career based on it. I'll keep mixing and producing on the side, but at least I'll love my job as well.

I know I probably won't ever be a money-making producer or DJ but at least I can get a job engineering audio, I do have a good ear for sound.

LA LA LA I am tweaking right now... SOOO back to the turntables ;)

shout out to NOU *cartman* "WEST SIE EEEED"
DJFreaq
quote:
Originally posted by Zenchowdah
actually, i want to be an audio engineer.

that's cool man, but some people get the wrong idea

i've seen kids drop the program BECAUSE they had the wrong idea. however most of the instructors have beaten it into our head's by now that this is not the "Producer School" it's engineering.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement