return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Nu NRG uses Tracktor Dj Studio/Reason
View this Thread in Original format
Euphorica
was at Decandence on thurs night and Nu NRG performed.

was absolutely amazing!

I snapped a couple shots of their laptops.(couldnt get a real good pic)

noticed they use macs and Traktor Dj studio and Reason.

just thought id share.

any else used the program(studio) before?
JakeC
its reason rewired into cubase which is a great combo.
mzvirbulis
so does that mean they would also be using a keyboard as well?
rturn214
Was that all they used?

I personally find Traktor (Alone) to be kind of a suspicious program as I know there are a lot of DJ's out there just using Traktor to ram tracks together and auto beatmatch for them (And then claiming they spun the mix "Live" on 2 decks), which, IMO, has some ethical issues considering if you understand anything at all about phrasing you can put together a pretty smooth mix right away...

BUT...

I would be interested in seeing how these guys use this in combo with Reason/Cubase because obviously there is something more going on in that situation than some just counting out 16, 32, or 63 beats, hitting the "Synch" button and pushing play...

Just my thoughts...

RJT
Euphorica
I thought that looked like cubase to the left of reason.

yes they were using a couple key boards and were playing parts of each song.

i have some video ill see if I can upload.

1 guy was on the keyboards and (some massive looking mixer thing, sorry i dont know all the tech terms) while the otehr guy was at the computers and some other equip. cant say I saw any decks.
MikHail
My Guess is

They're building the track as they play

Clicking in the notes

Then its saved, copied across and dropped into Traktor

Having multiple Software Synths in Reason will Chug the CPU,

Thats why the 2 latops

Its a Guess, no bashings please :)
Psiweaver
its reason and cubase rewired together like someone already said. Which means they work together and are doing there live pa syncing everythign up and playing it out.
MikHail
The Reason and the Cubase Combo,

Would that mean, Reason used for the Inbuilt synths/sampler/FXs and cubase is the MIDI Sequencer?

So that the midi event will go through Rewire to Reason triggering the Instrument.

Is that how its setup in technical detail?

Just so I can replicate it :)
A83
quote:
Originally posted by rturn214
Was that all they used?

I personally find Traktor (Alone) to be kind of a suspicious program as I know there are a lot of DJ's out there just using Traktor to ram tracks together and auto beatmatch for them (And then claiming they spun the mix "Live" on 2 decks), which, IMO, has some ethical issues considering if you understand anything at all about phrasing you can put together a pretty smooth mix right away...

Indeed it'll auto sync, but It wont sound good. If you have a mixer with 2 or 3 outputs you can sync it by youself and it's just the same as any turntable.

Traktor 2.6 is MUCH smoother and you can scratch like awesomeness on it.
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by MikHail
The Reason and the Cubase Combo,

Would that mean, Reason used for the Inbuilt synths/sampler/FXs and cubase is the MIDI Sequencer?

So that the midi event will go through Rewire to Reason triggering the Instrument.

Is that how its setup in technical detail?

Just so I can replicate it :)

Kinda like that. You can use whatever you want from each program but Cubase is the main sequencer. Press play in Cubase and your stuff in Reason starts playing too. If you wanted to use VST instruments or effects you have to use them in Cubase.

Spin Doctor
I’ve used Traktor out and about for about three months now. And I can honestly say it’s an awesome piece of kit. At first I only used it for Radio OBs to keep jingles/indents etc on, but it’s proved so handy that I’ve started hauling it around whenever I DJ. I might add however that Traktor is always in addition to my full CD wallet and record box.

The setup they have above certainly looks interesting. Possibly playing loops of Traktor and bashing out the synths on Reason?
sandstorm03
imo, they use traktor to play & mix their tracks... which they dont really touch at all during the gig.

then they use cubase to play midi's over their prerecorded stuff...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement