return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
the 'tracks that are weird to mix' thread...
View this Thread in Original format
Inertia
well, we're not all harmonic mixers. or maybe there is just a track that is bugging you out...

so, post 'em, and maybe get help.

me, my problem is with

Prodigy - Girls (Rex the Dog Remix)

very nice electro. i have quite a few ways of rbinging it in that are conventional, or fun, or somewhat unusual, but the transition out is always so awkward for me. i can't seem to pick the track to mix out of it nicely. any suggestions?

(i'd prefer a techier or electro track as a recommendation, as opposed to trance, since i don't spin it)

anyone else have any tracks on their mind? shoot.
rturn214
Dude, your thread gets a +1 from me...

Mine is: Petter - Tone Diary

James Holden is the only person I've ever heard spin it and have it sound good, but that's also on a Studio Album and maybe this track just isn't meant for a "Live" setting...

Another one I have a TON of trouble spinning is, and please don't laugh because I know this is an old/sketchy track, Oakenfold - Southern Sun.... I really dig this track but I can't drop it in a set for the life of me...

There's way more, probly to many to list without pissing everyone off, but once again Inertia, Thread +1...

RJT
DannyO
quote:
Originally posted by rturn214
Another one I have a TON of trouble spinning is, and please don't laugh because I know this is an old/sketchy track, Oakenfold - Southern Sun.... I really dig this track but I can't drop it in a set for the life of me...

I hear ya man, I never knew the track would just fade out like a radio mix or something, but it can be done, just gotta mix in the right track and do it early, only time I've made it sound good is when the incoming track is fairly minimal for awhile and you have it play for ages, then VERY slowly fade out SS bit by bit.

But ea, its a bitch of a track.
DJ Joshua H
D2 f. Dan Diamond - Therepy (peepshow promo)

I love this track but its seriously f'd up at the end. The bpm actually slows down a bit durning the last couple phrases (exactly where you would mix out of). So you think you have it nicley cued and then you go to mix out of it and it starts to gallop and you need to nudge it forward which means its harder to concentrate on EQing

the baseline gets a little f'd up at the end to boot

Damn shame....this kind of stuff can really ruin a record
Inertia
ooh, also, another electro track that is amazing, but the ending is just what you call... MESSED UP.

MMM - Donna

although, if planned right, it can sort of be cool, but i have yet to find a track that fits perfectly with it.

if anyone has any solutions, or track recommendations for these posts, let us know!
mzvirbulis
RECLUSE - YELLOW MOON (ORIGINAL)
For some reason it just aint sound right when ever i mix it in with the out going track, must only sound good with certain songs, but my mixing with it needs improvement. timeing with this track is essential!
Tegu
bt - force of gravity (tiesto remix) that stupid snare in the beat makes it sound like there's two beats going on and that you're trainwrecking when you're not. :whip:
colombian raver
Haha, I had trouble with that snare beat but once I got passed it I got it to mix easy. :D
Derivative
beathackers - transpose. awesome full on psy tune on agni hotra.

complete arse to mix. it doesnt have a uniform number of phrases per movement. it breaks and drops about 4 times. and it likes to just jump in suddenly straight on the beat with no warning. argh!
mef
I always seemed to have trouble with Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)

Just me??? :conf:

Derivative
up early arent ya?

:D
TranceSpeeder
Active Sight - Tears Of Joy

i dont know why, i cant mix it with anything.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement