return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

is this a good laptop? link inside
View this Thread in Original format
astericksul
i'm wanting one very soon. saw this one at my loca best buy for not the price you see in the link but for 1099 dollars with the 350 mail in rebates. actually 300 since u get instant 50 off.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...d=1099388214443

now i wonder if i can use it for gaming for graphic whores like doom 3 andhalf life 2?
tribu
First of all, over the last few years, Best Buy and other companies who sell products through them have been notorious for offering rebates, the denying them on the basis that you didn't send in all the required pieces of information (receipt, upc, etc), even if you actually did. Seagate pulled this one over Christmas.

Secondly, no, Doom 3 requires a gig of ram; that one only has 512MB. Youll still be able to play, but dont expect a delicious frame rate. My suggestion is build your own desktop PC for less thatn that with twice the capabilities.
Sunsnail
quote:
Originally posted by tribu
First of all, over the last few years, Best Buy and other companies who sell products through them have been notorious for offering rebates, the denying them on the basis that you didn't send in all the required pieces of information (receipt, upc, etc), even if you actually did. Seagate pulled this one over Christmas.

Secondly, no, Doom 3 requires a gig of ram; that one only has 512MB. Youll still be able to play, but dont expect a delicious frame rate. My suggestion is build your own desktop PC for less thatn that with twice the capabilities.

+1 home-made PCs rock
placebo
you could get a better deal on ebay
BeatFreak
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5966534775&rd=1

$9.99
CyberneticAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
+1 home-made PCs rock

+9999
biznology
for the love of god, if youre going to get a laptop, dont do it at BestBuy...unless you like getting roped into warrany and rebate fests that never end and never provide the discount or service you expect.

but yes...desktops, especially homemade ones are your best deal|
lücid
try checking sites like www.pcmall.com and www.tigerdirect.com before you buy from Best Buy. you can usually find some really great deals.

for example, that Toshiba you're interested in... i just got pretty much the same machine for $1160 from PCmall.com, and i didn't have to wait 8-10 years for rebate checks to come back.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement