return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Mixing DnB 45s at 33...
View this Thread in Original format
dinoXpress
Ive been doing this with a couple of records in my breakbeat sets, its pretty ing fun, and ive always love the edge dnb had to offer. anyone else tried?
Exodus17
interesting idea...

does it sound decent? 45s at 33 can get pretty muddy sounding
i got big pants
ive played dnb at 33 at times...but with a lot of the tracks i have...it just sounds nasty
Desty Nova
I've got a bunch of dnb records that are supposed to be played at 45 but sound a lot better at 33 + 4 or so...
like cum dancing and green label tracks
3xx3r7
Done it before. Sounds interestingly weird.
dinoXpress
quote:
Originally posted by 3xx3r7
Done it before. Sounds interestingly weird.

yeah, it doesnt work all the time, but some records are better suited for it..

i dunno, but if u dropped a track like that, i dont think ANYONE would have heard it like that before...
Spin Doctor
Legend has it that when UK 2 Step kicked of in grand style loads of DJs were playing drum and bass 45’s at 33 in their sets. Don’t know how true this is.
Nemesis44
quote:
Originally posted by dinoXpress
Ive been doing this with a couple of records in my breakbeat sets, its pretty ing fun, and ive always love the edge dnb had to offer. anyone else tried?

Yup, used to do that in my breaks sets. I also used to find that if you had a rap based DnB track you can drop it in nicely too.

I used to squeeze in Natural Born Chillers - Funky Beats towards the end of my sets. People used to go mad for this track.

It's got a sample from Chuck D (Public Enemy) from the Album 'It takes a nation of millions to hold us back' or something like that long assed name ;)
Used to be able to get people screaming 'If you really like to rock the funky beats'.

Ah... those were the days. :D

Cheers
Nem
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement