return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
I Did It!
View this Thread in Original format
Basstard
no more DJ competitions for me - i landed my first paying gig!!

the guy is putting me in a small club first of all in an opening slot - if that goes well i get the to headline a bigger club (1500-2000)

the small club im being tried in firstly is a funky house joint. im mostly a trance DJ with very little knowledge of the house scene. could ya please recommend a few tracks i could buy (nothing too dance floory as it is just a warmup!) - i'll be hunting the record shops 2moro but i at least need to know wat to look for ya know! :)
DannyO
Congrats man, but if you want a lot of recommendations fast, your better off posting this in Music Discussion.
Basstard
ah good call - i'll try there too

thnx danny
djkoolaide
Congratz m8 :) Good luck!
n3lly
Where abouts you playing?

And what club would you be headlining?

Fair play though, it's fookin hard getting your foot in the door. Once you do though, and you keep up a good enough performance. You're laughing for a little while.

Also where abouts d'you shop for your trance vinyl? That is if you're around dublin.. :)

nelly
Basstard
im up in belfast mate altho i dont use the shops around
here. i mostly use chemical-records.co.uk
Eric Siefer
Congrats!
Psiweaver
grats.
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by Basstard
im up in belfast mate altho i dont use the shops around
here. i mostly use chemical-records.co.uk

Silly me i didn't look at your location info...

Congrats though as everyone else has said.. Fingers crossed you have a great time and they enjoy your style. :)

nelly
TranceSpeeder
congratulations!

RIPassion
Congrats! Have fun with it and spread it round!
dinoXpress
quote:
Originally posted by Basstard
no more DJ competitions for me - i landed my first paying gig!!

the guy is putting me in a small club first of all in an opening slot - if that goes well i get the to headline a bigger club (1500-2000)

the small club im being tried in firstly is a funky house joint. im mostly a trance DJ with very little knowledge of the house scene. could ya please recommend a few tracks i could buy (nothing too dance floory as it is just a warmup!) - i'll be hunting the record shops 2moro but i at least need to know wat to look for ya know! :)

i know the feeling, i played my first openin gig with a freind, then we played an outdoor part for 7, 8 hundred people.. you have to start small. if i was still in peru, im sure id be playing much bigger venues as well..

good on ya!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement