return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Hurricane Michelle (good story)
View this Thread in Original format
Slylee
waddup, i got this email from my uncle and i just thought it was the and wanted to share it. he lives in the bahamas on his sail boat with my aunt. anyway, in case u guys dont know, Hurricane Michelle went right through the bahamas recently....i thought it was such a cool story..my uncle is so cool:) u gotta love him. i know it's long, but it's worth it i think:)

Hey,hows it going?Sorry I haven,t written but we,ve been busy getting back to normal after 'Michelle'.Did you know the eye went right through Fresh Creek?It lasted about two hours and the sun came out and everyone thought it had gone by and the storm was over.We had no idea cause we had no power.Anyway when we saw a black wall moving in from the NE we knew we were in trouble.When the backside of the storm hit the really hit the fan.We had gusts to 135mpand sustained wind at 120 for about 6 hours.It was pretty scary but at the same time pretty awesome.At one point Lees boat wat blowing into the dock and ripping his teak rail off the side so we were out there trying to tie it back out.Then another boat was doing the same thing so we were out on the t-dock putting more lines on it too.When the gusts would hit you had to duck down to stay on your feet.After being out there for about an hour I was kind of getting used to it so I grabbed the camera and ran through the woods dodging trees and cocoanuts and climbed up in the lighthouse.It was totally awesome!!!The waves outside the reef must have been 40 or 50 feet high and the wind would pick up walls of water and throw them hundreds of yards.I stayed up there about a half hour watching in awe and by then the wind was down to about 100 so I went back to the hotel(where we stayed)and got Sue and Lee to come out there too.It was too good to pass up.Then a couple of the charter boat kids came up and we all sat up there and burned one.It was a day I'll always remember.As far as the Lulu (my uncle's boat),she came through without a scratch!Six boats from the AUTEC harbor were totally destroyed and/or sunk so we feel pretty lucky.Plus we worked for three days getting the boat prepared so that paid off too.Most of the people who lost boats didn't take it seriously or half-assed secured their boats so thats what happened.I'll never underestimate a hurricane again after seeing what a cat 2 storm can do.I can't imagine anything stronger.Anyway I'd better go for now.Write back when you can. Love Matt
ABTsportsline
thats cool.

you know what i hate? when people put big "X"'s on their windows in masking tape thinking THAT is going to stop an 100 mph 2x4 flying at their windows...... we used to make fun of those people.

When hurrican George came through like 2 years ago, and nicked us, everyone had tape all over their windows..... so me and my friends we all put big "X"'s over our CAR windows with masking tape, and drove around...... i even had X's on my headlights and taillights! LoL.... and one of my friend put big X's on his wheels!

heheh, some people laughed, and some got REALLY pissed off, thinking we were "not taking it seriously."

LoL, well if you ask me, anyone who is stupid enough to think TAPE is going to stop or help against a palm tree or coconut flying through your window is not taking the hurricane serious in the first place!

Good story Sly.....
(where have you been?)

-ABT-
lMIlk
hahahaha i haven't heard of the X thing but wouldn't it prevent millions of glass parts to fly everywhere. But it would prob be useless in something big. THe prank was pretty funny tho.
Lynx
wow, that's awesome that your uncle braved the hurricane like that. musta been a sight to see those waves that high...crazee. hehe, i liked how he mentioned he had to dodge trees and cocunuts. lolz. :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement