return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

My girlfriend's car and its unexpected features...
View this Thread in Original format
wwu.punisher
So, I went down to my girlfriend's parents' house for a big family brunch thing for her grandmother's birthday yesterday. She lives about an hour south of campus. She's a really good driver... never floors it or anything, so I didn't notice anything on the way down.

On the way back, however, we decided that I would drive so that she could get a reading assignment done for one of her courses. Just as I was turning toward the onramp, I hit the gas a bit to get up to speed for the highway. Imagine my surprise when the engine roared and the car slammed forward like a damned street rod or something.

As it turns out, her little Ford Taurus was actually a show model that her dad brought home from work for her. (He works at a Ford lot.) Thus, what at first glance appears to be a simple commuter car is in fact running on a Yamaha V8, dual exhaust, and several other features that you would otherwise expect to see on a sports car.

Needless to say, I went from 60 to 90 in about two seconds flat and spent the rest of the drive back to campus enjoying the hell out of myself. I've never driven such a powerful car, before. (Close to 350HP in a damned Taurus. WTF.)
DarkAngel
350 HP in a front-wheel drive Ford TAURUS? :wtf:
Sunsnail
:wtf: that's awesome
Yan
quote:
Originally posted by wwu.punisher
dual exhaust

How can you not notice something like that? :p
Boomer187
quote:
Originally posted by DarkAngel
350 HP in a front-wheel drive Ford TAURUS? :wtf:

eh, I think the SHO's are rear wheel drive. And for a while, I haven't kept up on it, the Taurus SHO's were faster than the mustangs.

its a quick lil car.
Kledsky
i was just reading that the new suzuki gsxr weighs 414 pounds and has 159 horsepower, thats just insane
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
eh, I think the SHO's are rear wheel drive. And for a while, I haven't kept up on it, the Taurus SHO's were faster than the mustangs.

its a quick lil car.

I never knew SHOs were FR (rear-wheel drive).

That's some crazy if SHOs are faster than 'Stangs. :eek:
fitom tiel
quote:
Originally posted by Kledsky
i was just reading that the new suzuki gsxr weighs 414 pounds and has 159 horsepower, thats just insane

*writes down on to-buy list*
wwu.punisher
quote:
Originally posted by josh4
She's a keeper.

Yeah. I know. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Yan
How can you not notice something like that? :p

I never got a look at the back of the car until we got back from her house, to be honest. We've been dating for three months and I'd never been in her car before yesterday. (She has a parking pass for a lot that is quite a bit further from the one I park in... which is about 100 yards from our building.)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement