return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
yet another HDJ-1000 thread...
View this Thread in Original format
Inertia
well, i dug up my friend's old pair, which was stored away when the right cup went out. he, sort of at the same time, stopped spinning, and is now getting into production, and would want the phones back to normal. they're out of warranty, so we opened the up and did what Greedy's guide indicated.

Greedy posted his HDJ-1000 fix guide for when the cups sporadically go out and come back in. after we were through, i thought of how this particular pair had the right cup CONSISTENTLY out. which sort of explains perhaps why the fix made no difference. i'm starting to think it's maybe the cord. only no amount of wiggling it bring the right cup in.

what do you guys think? there has to be some physical problem in there, and if found, is probably fixable. things don't just stop working. any ideas on how to pinpoint the issue?

there's no real dj/sound equip repair shops around here, and the few guys who could probably do it will want to my friend over with the price, so we're trying to see if we can fix it ourselves. any help appreciated.
Unforgiven
Quite simple really.
If you have the cups open use a multimeter to test the cable for continuity.
mikefasssy
you have a link to the thread by greedy? im having that problem...
Freak
Burn them
mikefasssy
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
Burn them

dunno about that, best headphones ive used so far.
Freak
give it time.........
mikefasssy
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
give it time.........

two years and waiting...
Inertia
ok, took these babies apart. used a multimeter.

guess what? i measured the resistance using a clamp on the jack all the way to the last contacts on the right speaker. it results in 0.01, which means all is good. yet, the speaker does not work...

ed up speaker?
Dervish
Well just haiving a good connection between the jack and transducer isn't the whole issue if there is a "better" (lower resistance to ground) connection between the jack and something else the current will go there.

So maybe try a resistance test between the two cables ruunning from the jack.

Personally (without knowing how much ing about is required) I'd try to make sure the actual transducer isn't ed using a botched cable. Then if it isn't I'd replace the cable (whatever that would take). If it is ed might as well bin them unless you never use one cup.

Many issues possibly in replacing the full cable signal path (into the trans even not just replacable bit) but I'd test the trans first.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
its the cord man...get a new one from the Pioneer website for $20 and you'll be back in business. Same thing happened to mine, got a new cord, and no problems now for year and a half (knock on wood):D

Inertia
if it were the cord, wouldn't it NOT have a signal from the jack to the right cup?
Dervish
Could just be dry solder joints onto the transducer maybe? :conf:

Otherwise maybe the transducer is ed.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement