return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Questions for all the acetate junkies?
View this Thread in Original format
Acetate Junkie
I have a serious addiction to collecting Trance records and spend more than $500 a month, sometimes much more. It's insane! :eyes: If you break it down, that's $2-5 per song on average. Not very economical is it? I don't belong to a record pool or have other DJ friends to break down the costs. And, I'm not a big and famous DJ who gets promos and pressings for free.

I keep constant tabs on dancerecords and PlanetXUSA everyday. We're talking obsession here. And, I hate it when I miss a copy of a specific song I was prepared to order, especially if it's a test pressing or promo. Limited edition vinyl dissappears before I have chance to click CONFIRM ORDER. For some illogical reason I've convinced myself that I gotta have it.

So this leads us to my questions. How much do you spend on records? And, how do you manage to keep up with all the 12" singles that come out everyday? How do you stop yourself from overextending your budget, if you have one?

One last thing, I don't DJ anymore or make mix tapes. And, I really miss DJing for a crowd with a passion. *sigh* :confused: I'm a social recluse. :(

wizniz
C2H3O2-

acetate.
Acetate Junkie
quote:
Originally posted by wizniz
C2H3O2-

acetate.

what's an an "acetate"?
Lira
Sorry if I sound invasive, but you might want some professional help on that obsession.
Acetate Junkie
True. I've been diagnosed with ADD and depression by a professional.

Therapy along with Adderall, Stratera, Ritalin, Prozac and other SSRIs haven't helped. :D
penē
quote:
Originally posted by Acetate Junkie
True. I've been diagnosed with ADD and depression by a professional.

Therapy along with Adderall, Stratera, Ritalin, Prozac and other SSRIs haven't helped. :D

woa...
goonerjack
Get out there and start putting the records into use then :p!
Magnus
Yeah Acetate, that really sounds like an obsession you need to get ahold of, but then again, I don't know your financial situation. You might be a millionaire who can afford to spend that kind of money. I know if I did, I'd be on the streets. I went through what you are going through for about 6 months a few years ago. I spent every penny I had on new releases, and would even spend ridiculous amounts if I was desperate enough and have a track pressed on an acetate. I look back now and can't believe some of the crazy I did out of desperation. Thankfully though, my obsession turned into a passion to go into producing which is where I spend my time and money now and its much more rewarding. :)
NiteMer
I had a spending issue, with records, for a while. I've slowed down now. I already have around 1000 vinyl and bought a cdj. I've been getting some tracks from friends and such, as well. Will probably start hitting up Beatport sometime soon, but I don't have internet at home, which is a problem. Having a suspended drivers license has probably played a role in slowing that down, as well as working, in an office, instead of out, in the field. I used to stop in the record shop, during the work day, all the time.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement