return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Fabric last night
View this Thread in Original format
CraSHer[UK]
Anyone here go?

Fortunately the 1 1/2 hr queueing was made more than bearable by the 3 pleasant charity workers I was chatting to for the duration.

Getting inside about i dunno, 11:30, something like that. Not sure who was playing in the main room, but was pretty good stuff.

Then came Soulwax live. They were ing awsome, best liveact I have ever seen, beating infusion hands down (think it helped that soulwax were on the larger stage in room 1, as opposed to when I saw Infusion at fabric, they were in the second room).

Then 1 - 3 was freeland. He played a very good set, a lot of tunes I personally didnt recognise. It really picked up towards the end and I was well excitied to hear Evil 9 - Crooked, all beit the dub. He also played Soulwax - NY Excuse (love that track) and Killers - Mr Brightside (Jacques le cont Remix).

Went for the last hour of 2manydjs who were very very good, it was more mashup up than i thought it would be, there were constantly little snippets of tracks you'd heard before and new order - blue monday went down well.

Then back to the Plumps to finish it off. I think im always a bit harsh on the plumps, but i had to admit they were good last night. They deffo suit the later slot, playing the chunkiest broken beats, and they have such a local following, you always know the dancefloor is going to be rammed.

All in all a very good night but with one major critisism: it was just too busy! Hard to move let alone dance at times, and it was a conatant battle (right up to the end of the night) to try and find room to move.
Shame, but you cant blame people for wanting to come, was great night, even if they did pack it a bit too tight.
Oli
You should have stayed here for Yoda mate. It was ing unreal.
CraSHer[UK]
quote:
Originally posted by Oli
You should have stayed here for Yoda mate. It was ing unreal.

really?

argh, was real tempted as I didnt have Fabric tickets.

Would have saved myself a tidy sum too. Never mind tho, was still a brilliant night.
dex316
quote:
Originally posted by CraSHer[UK]
Never mind tho, was still a brilliant night.

indeed - first time at fabric and it did not disappoint

soulwax just blew the place apart. they were fantastic!!!! freelands mixing was just spot on - a really good set allround and what a great finish and 2 many dj's and plumps rounded off a great nite

anyone else make it down? be interested in seein sum pics if anyones got any
Coup
i doubt id have queued for 90mins to get into a club.
dex316
quote:
Originally posted by Coup
i doubt id have queued for 90mins to get into a club.

really? i didnt think that was too bad specially considerin it was a fairly good lineup - at least it wasnt raining or really cold

spose the friendly girls in front did make it seem quicker
Jubas
fabric is always too crowded i find.. it really gets to me, and has stopped me returning.. turnmills can be bad at times, but bearable..
mentalbarter
aye same here, cant see myself goin back to fabric for a while cos too busy
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement