return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Where can i find a Mp3 Mixer with Decent Sound quality?
View this Thread in Original format
Soonmeister
im currently using Atomix Virtual Dj MP3 mixer to dj for my own personal fun and have recorded a couple of sets but one problem with it............... THE SOUND QUALITY when the music is playing and recording is really really craaaaap, even tho im recording at .WAV which is roughly 850 Kbs/sec.

Any software which can match realistic interface of Virtual Dj and have brilliant playback quality!!!

Ive tried searching every where and its no good... hope you can help:happy2:
DJ 00 Tommy
If your using downloaded mp3s they are most likely gonna sound crap i doubt that that recording it through virtual dj is going to lower the quality
dinoXpress
i bleieve programs like that are only as good as your tiest mp3. it doesnt matter how high you record it, if ur mp3s are still ty, nothing changes.

get better mp3s. go to http://www.beatport.com
Nemesis44
True that, if the original sound source is wank the only thing that could ever happen is that it gets worse.

First look to get good quality MP3s if that's the way you want to go.

With regards to your original question I'm afraid I don't know what advice to give.
I guess Traktor or similar would be the way to do.

Cheers
Nem
Synbios
If you hear distortion then it's a problem with volume.
Check your volume settings and line meters. Make sure no volume setting is set all the way to the max and check your line meters for clipping (red leds).

If you hear poor quality then like everyone else said, your mp3's are bad quality. I wouldnt put anything less than 192kbps into a mix. 160 might be acceptable in some cases. Anything lower than 128 is absolute crap.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement