return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Richie Hawtin * a tribute *
View this Thread in Original format
Kate Manus
TGIF....

so that means Livesets is broadcasting another tribute.. this week for Richie! expect 30 or so hours of sets, from older to fresh throughout the special... only interrupted for 2 hours for Joel Mull & Par Grindvik's show.

no need to register to tune in!
Livesets.com - RICHIE HAWTIN TRIBUTE

Although of English and Canadian origins, Plastikman's Richie Hawtin is closely connected with the current Detroit techno scene associated with figures such as Kenny Larkin, Stacey Pullen, Eddie Fowlkes, and Derrick May. His Plus 8 label -- co-owned and operated with John Acquaviva -- is one of the most influential experimental dance music imprints, and Hawtin's own tracks recorded as Plastikman and F.U.S.E.. are highly regarded as faithful, intelligent, forward-stepping updates of the Detroit sound. A DJ of renown and growing in repute as a remixer, Hawtin's visibility as one of experimental dance music's more important and innovative figures has been on the rise since the release of his debut Plastikman album, Sheet One.

Born in the English burgh of Windsor in the early '70s, Hawtin's parents moved to Canada when he was nine. An early interest in electronic-based pop and dance music turned serious when Hawtin discovered the tracks being pumped out of his neighbor-across-the-river Detroit. Beginning as a DJ in 1987, Hawtin quickly became involved in composition through his direct involvement in Detroit's tight-knit community of musicians and producers. Combining early influences from European synth-pop groups like Kraftwerk and New Order with the stripped-down techno-futurism of Detroit innovators such as Juan Atkins and Derrick May, Hawtin's tracks are as steeped in Motor City tradition as they deviate from it in terms of texture and rhythmic complexity. Although 12-inches through Plus 8 and the European NovaMute label have all been pretty dancefloor-oriented, Hawtin's attention to techno-based listening music has been just as focused through his full-length albums.

enjoy
:)
sweetbeats
more than any other artist this man got me hooked on techno something fierce....he's got my vote for most influential canadian EDM artist....
Marcus007
Listening to his set from Tresor Globus. Pretty good if I may say so myself. I just wonder why he tries to intimidate his fans with his scary pictures. :X

SCARY:

COOL:

A very thin line... :P :D ;)
Kate Manus
I like to think of richie as:

the richie we've come to 'know'

and richie after borrowing sven's stylist!:
Marcus007
quote:
Originally posted by Kate Manus

and richie after borrowing sven's stylist!:
[/IMG]