return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Good Software DJ program with jog and WITHOUT waverforms?
View this Thread in Original format
Deam
I used to use Virtual Turntables until it didn't play nice with my new computer setup. However, I tried VirtualDJ and Traktor, and while both are great, they have waveforms, which I would rather not have. Also, VirtualDJ and VTT has "jog" like abilities, and I don't know if Tracktor has that feature.

Any other alternatives?
Soundwerks
try PCDJ www.pcdj.ca

There are many different versions too
Deam
Is there a version with a jog shuttle/record type interface?
Deam
PCDJ doesn't seem to have a software jog shuttle. Is there nothing else that is similar to Virtual Turntables? I like VIrtual DJ other than that fact that I find the waveform makes it too easy.
TranceSpeeder
virtual dj has allot of skins you can try out.
MERiDiAN5i2
traktor. pro accepted, noob liked. v.2.5.3 or later. 2.6 versions are nicer.
Soundwerks
quote:
Originally posted by Deam
PCDJ doesn't seem to have a software jog shuttle. Is there nothing else that is similar to Virtual Turntables? I like VIrtual DJ other than that fact that I find the waveform makes it too easy.

true...but you can get the PCDJ DAC-2 controller, with real jog wheels etc....

There is also a program called "MixVibes" you can check out. www.mixvibes.com I think.
Deam
quote:
Originally posted by MERiDiAN5i2
traktor. pro accepted, noob liked. v.2.5.3 or later. 2.6 versions are nicer.

But Traktor does not have jog shuttle, does it? And isn't Traktor waveform as well?
abnorm
Waveform in VirtualDJ can be turned off and a CDJ type skin provides a virtual jog wheel.
dinoXpress
why dont u want wafeforms?

waveforms rule!

montana
waveform window in traktor can be shut off
Deam
But traktor has no jog shuttle type interaction, does it? I.e. ability to use mouse to speed up or slow down in a method similar to what you would do to the record.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement