return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Electrical geniuses Unite!
View this Thread in Original format
Jackson
I need a hand with something.
I need to wire up 3 blue LEDs to a standard 9v battery. It must also have an inline switch.
I've tried Google but its all about LEDs wired to your computer or to your car so its a whole different ball park to what i need.
Can it be done and how? Please use basic terms as i'm not experienced with DIY electronics.
Thanks in advance :)
DjLiMZ.
Just simple live and neutral connections aint it?. and obviously i think u will have to loop the led's together?!
dj_bas
then wouldn't you just need to take the LEDs and connect their wires directly to the battery? like + to + and - to -? i did something like this when i was in grade school...go science fair!
Jackson
But i'd want a switch and i have also been told i'd have to put in a resistor.
dj_bas
what is this for? it sounds ALOT like what i did in grade school lol

take a regular light swtich and hook up the LEDs to one side...then take the battery and hook it to the other side...switch goes on, currents open and power from the battery flows to the lights?
onceler
you need to know what the input requirements are on your LED's to know if you need a resistor or anything like that.
aka "O"
totally off topic BUT Jackson u make up a load of threads.
Jackson
quote:
Originally posted by aka "O"
totally off topic BUT Jackson u make up a load of threads.

....I just get so lonely sometimes! :( .......:wtf:
jdat
Errr I'm so embarassed as to which way would be best to cable this .... Parallel or Serial? I think Serial. Not doing much electrical theory in a while makes you rusty

So basically here goes easy as pie:

-0-
| |
-0-
| |
-0-
| |
| |
/ |
| |
+ -

/ = switch
Jackson
Looks simple enough to me Jdat, thanks. No resistor though? will this be ok?

jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Jackson

I'm drawing a blank here .... what's the resistor for in this circuit? Is it supposed to lower the current load or something?
Dervish
quote:
Originally posted by Jackson

You need a resistor or it'll not work (think it might fry, or just not pull any current... hmmm I always just plugged these into microcontrollers and stuff, apart from once I think :p ). I can't think what vaule you'd need but basicly in the order of k ohms probebly. The better you pick the value the brighter the LED i'll be probebly. Whats this for btw?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement