return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
What Browser you're using ?
View this Thread in Original format
gorex
There's been quite a lot of brouhaha about the browser usage lately.
Im interested to see what MTLTA has to say.
Some of you allready know that explorer uses active X that can be problematic in regards of spyware/trojans threats (pre-sp2) aswell as the fact that it is constantly targeted by hackers.

I personally blend both firefox and explorer in my daily usage and would more recommend firefox to intermediate users as their plugin side still needs tweaks and fixes.
Heres a quick statistic Ive done at the job (yes I do have some free time :haha: ) that will surely give Explorer haters all kinds of orgasms...

98.5% of computers that were brought in for repair with Virus issue were using Explorer as default browser.
2% had firefox,opera,safari installed
1% netscape

100% of computers that were brought in for repair with SPYWARE /(ad,mal etc)issues were using Explorer as default browser.
0% had firefox,opera,safari installed
3% netscape

100% of computers that were brought in repair with Slow performance issue were using Explorer as default browser
2% had firefox,opera,safari installed
0% netscape

100% of computers that were brought in repair with browser highjack issue were using Explorer as default browser
0% had firefox,opera,safari installed
0% netscape

This statistic is purely to find myself something to do and shall not be taken as a scientific sign of any order.

From different sources I ve been hearing that Safari is the future of browsers even though I do not belive so, heres an article(french) about benchmarks of different browsers that might support those speculations;
http://www.lelezard.com/actu/2555/a...par-safari.html
sEpH
Firefox.

is safari only for macs?
Enjoy
quote:
Originally posted by sEpH
Firefox.
Hman
MOZILLA FIREFOXXXX:D
Skuce

booya!! :cool:

been on Mozilla original and Firefox for over a year now.
Spyware/Adware is near zero now...compared to the 70-80/week I had on IE back in the day

IE is TeH SuxOrZ!!!!11 :D
gorex
Skuce did you discovered another Paris? :happy2:

btw Im rather surprised that out of 20 votes none voted Netscape.

Its been decreasing every year for the past 4-5 years .
I believe their stroke of profit on the market was less then 1 % in 04.

Im pretty sure that by now, the word netscape is gold plated part of Microsofts trophees wall ... :haha: :stongue:
malek
i have been trying firefox at home for the last few days, and some usage at work.

Not bad, some bugs here and there, needs some work.

Stiil, they have a long way to go before being THE browser of choice.

At work for example, many applications can't run for in Firefox, so there's no question whatsoever in switching, I suspect many other major corporations are in the same boat.
fastmp3
IE est sur le pénis a firefox
Marcus007
I've been using IE my ENTIRE life and have yet to have a problem. ;)

silly padawan n00bs...
gorex
quote:
Originally posted by malek
i have been trying firefox at home for the last few days, and some usage at work.

Not bad, some bugs here and there, needs some work.

Stiil, they have a long way to go before being THE browser of choice.

At work for example, many applications can't run for in Firefox, so there's no question whatsoever in switching, I suspect many other major corporations are in the same boat.

Malek, what applications are you running?

You have a good point just like you said in another thread that 99.9% of users are lazy and are looking for ultimate plug n playness. I agree that it is definatly harder to market such product (I personally had a couple of hard minutes with ebay page listing wth firefox).

I think hoever that FIREFOX IS THE FUTURE ! :disbelief
And theres mainly one huge reason that makes me say this :
OPEN SOURCE!

Did you know that Mozilla corp will PAY you money if you find bugs or corruptions in their code. This is what I think will eventually get them to the point when their product will target the mass.

Microsoft is not only CLOSED-SOURCE but their trying so hard every day to hide it even more. To top it off they're fighting to patent portions of their software. read this
Microsoft is enjoying an illegal monopoly that has its operating system installed on 90% of the world's computers...when you think that with the latest release of Linux kernel you can do everything better and faster at NO CHARGE you question yourself...

gorex
quote:
Originally posted by sEpH
Firefox.

is safari only for macs?

Yes.

but a dude coded a browser called Exploration based on Safari (Apple Mac OS X browser) for windows. click here

and there are multiple projects...
zokissima
Mozilla. Tabulated viewing, it's the .
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement