return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Seasonal Depression
View this Thread in Original format
bokus
Never knew how much it affected me until recently when the sun started coming out much more and my days were that much better.
Sunsnail
Yeah dude. I get so much sadder when the sun is not out longer :( :(
::TranceVanDyk::
we're depressed because less solar energy is reaching us at that time of the year. less energy means more depression.

quote:
I get more depressed during long days...

the day is longer? how is that any good?

who likes the sun going down before 6pm and not rising until 8am. not me

even for the weekend. just feels weird.
Aquarian
You guys ever try light therapy?

When it's really sunny out, you go take long walks (1-2 hours a day). Then you do a bunch of little things like putting pictures of tropical islands on your walls and as your computer wallpaper(ibiza anyone? ;)), then you increase the intensity of all light bulbs in your house (example - 20 watts become 40 watts, 60watts become 80 watts...), and you make sure when you're at your computer or at a desk working, you always have a lamp shining directly on your skin.

It sounds stupid but trust me, it works wonders.
djkoolaide
quote:
Originally posted by Aquarian
You guys ever try light therapy?

When it's really sunny out, you go take long walks (1-2 hours a day). Then you do a bunch of little things like putting pictures of tropical islands on your walls and as your computer wallpaper(ibiza anyone? ;)), then you increase the intensity of all light bulbs in your house (example - 20 watts become 40 watts, 60watts become 80 watts...), and you make sure when you're at your computer or at a desk working, you always have a lamp shining directly on your skin.

It sounds stupid but trust me, it works wonders.

Hmm, well actually I just did replace my lightbulbs on my ceiling with 100 watt ones yesterday :eyes: And my computer wallpaper is a picture of a beach :D So maybe I'll actually try this hehe
Aiwendil
yeah...are you sure you're depressed. i mean, i get depressed when the immense weight of my failed directionless life crashes down on me, and when the day is cloudy it cheers me right the up.
[aTHiNa]
it doesn't bother what weather it is, my mood stays the same. but i must say, when i'm upset, angry or feeling depressed, the rain doesn't help one bit. :sadgreen:
Derosas
hmmm,. Moving to Los Angeles helped me!:D
JohnnyMonsoon
Try living in Seattle! I wouldn't venture to say i have a depression problem but i know a few people who do. I truly think its seasonal too because during the winter months one buddy just sits inside and watches tv and becomes a hermit, yet if and when the sun finally comes out, he's out and about and always has a smile on his face. He does a complete 360 degree change. A few years back we had a stretch where we got rain for 93 straight days.....

+

taken from a study done

quote:
Top Five Most Stressful Cities in the US

1. Tacoma, WA

Tacoma residents contend with one of the highest divorce rates in the country as well as one of the highest unemployment rates. It's cloudy in Tacoma much of the time, and the suicide and property crime rates are high. On a brighter note, Tacomans can feel safe from bodily harm thanks to the low violent crime rate.
Absolut_Vodka
yep i got it too when I moved to boring old rainy hole england from tropical paradise of indonesia. The constant rain and grey clouds would put me down, but now that its spring, and the sun is showing a lot more, I can't say I have any complaints. If it wasnt for the god damn hayfever though. What I do find amusing though is how as soon as the sun comes out, the english ppl stip off their clothes like its 40 degress and put on their sunglasses and sun cream..:stongue:

Rob
I've been diagnosed with seasonal affective disorder :nervous: It's during winter when I start to really shut down. It just gets so damn cold. The sad thing is, it doesn't snow here, and I still get it:nervous:
sandstorm03
i get it during the winter sometimes...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement