return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Grados 125s vs 225s
View this Thread in Original format
Mystre
Does anyone have either the grado 125s or 225s, Im thinkin about gettin one of the two. If so how good are they compare to other headphones u have heard.
wwu.punisher
I've had a pair of SR-80s for about a year. I've listened to a fair bit of music with a friend of mine's 125s, and to be honest, I can't hear much of a difference. You'd save a bundle by just buying SR-80s and calling it good.

Regardless of your decision, you're going the right way by going with Grado. KICKASS headphones.
Xenocreator_PG_
quote:
Originally posted by Mystre
Does anyone have either the grado 125s or 225s, Im thinkin about gettin one of the two. If so how good are they compare to other headphones u have heard.

I have a pair of grados 225s :p

but im going out to dinner now so i have no time to explain......
jdat
I honestly can't tell you as I'm no expert with the Grados but my advice is check out www.headphone.com which is an online store of headphones and offers great info on the products and let's you know what's better for what use etc.
And www.headwize.com which has an extensive headphone forum.
jinxed84
ive had the sr60, and now i have the sr225. get the 225's they kick serious ass if you dont mind them being open. get bowl pads too. read around on the head-fi forums.

ive also got sony mdr-v6's and a couple other asst sets which i forgot the names too. the grados are by far the most clear and accurate ive heard. make sure to burn them in for awhile, the sound will change a decent amount, it will get smoother eventually. and get the bowl pads.

enjoy
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement