return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Import CDJ-200 from US to UK
View this Thread in Original format
theholyalex
Does anyone know whether the power supply for the CDJ-200 is in the unit itself or in the power adaptor? I'm thinking about getting one (or two :D) and just wondering whether it would be possible to import them from the US (120V, 60Hz i think) to the UK (240V, 50Hz).

Cheers
jdat
you'll need an ac adaptor cost you like 5 quid or so.
theholyalex
One guy working at an online dj store just told me I needed to get a transformer like ** this one **, i don't think a simple ac adaptor is enough.
Freak
You need a step down transformer

I get mine from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....5778543679&rd=1 identical to this one...cheap and does the job and makes no noise.

DO NOT under any circumstances just use a plug adapter as it WILL blow and render it useless.

Just to confuse things furtherm some of the cdj1000s sold in the states are auto voltage and can run from 110-240 without needing a transformer.

the one you link to is total overkill- thats the sort you would use on a bulding site to power drills and stuff....not for a simple plug. very expensive too
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by theholyalex
One guy working at an online dj store just told me I needed to get a transformer like ** this one **, i don't think a simple ac adaptor is enough.

What you're showing me IS an ac adaptor ;)

And what I had in mind is exactly what Freak showed!
theholyalex
jdat wasn't sure what you meant by an ac adaptor, the term is pretty vague, thought you might have just meant a 2pin to 3pin plug.

Cheers for the replies
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by theholyalex
jdat wasn't sure what you meant by an ac adaptor, the term is pretty vague, thought you might have just meant a 2pin to 3pin plug.

Cheers for the replies

ac current adaptor there's nothing more precise about that ;)

what you're saying there is ac-dc adaptor
Unforgiven
Keep in mind that aside from the difference in voltage, the electricity in the US is rated at 60Hz while the European is 50Hz. This may or may not affect things on the CD player, but for the turntables it may be important.
Orbital32
are you sure that they are not compatiable with both? my CDJ-1000MKii works for both. The only thing i had to do what buy a US plug (had mine shipped brand new from japan)
theholyalex
quote:
Keep in mind that aside from the difference in voltage, the electricity in the US is rated at 60Hz while the European is 50Hz

Cheers, yeah, I did check this on the pioneerprodj website, and although the spec page and the manual says it's 120V 60Hz, the photo of the back of the unit shows the frequency is rated 50/60Hz.

Anyone know what it really is?

Unforgiven
It says 50/60 Hz so it works fine on both.
Boomer187
thast not what the back of mine says.

says 120V 60 Hz 14W
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement