return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Just Cars Damnit
View this Thread in Original format
DjConfessions
Lets talk about cars

My car at the moment is a 2000 Toyota Echo. With about 55000 miles on the clock it was a good deal to buy it for only $500. Couple dents here and there but otherwise excellent condition.
With the extra cash i'm pulling in, i'm hoping to be financially stable to buy and pay insurance for a Nissan 240sx.
And yes, that means i love drifting, or at least the japanese take on drifting.
I don't have that On-Demand TV stuff, so i havent seen Formula D on G4. However, i do buy JDM Option DVDs from a shop in san Diego.
dj_mdma
US 240sx's are, in a word, .

They have the KA24DE engine which only gives out less than average performance, and is not very tunable.

What you will want to do is transplant the SR20DET engine or CA18DET turbocharged engines, as you will need the engines tuned to at least 300 bhp (for the SR20) and or 270 (for the CA18)

Another thing about drifting, learn and practice it AT THE TRACK. Chances are, with your age, you've probably never driven a turbocharged rear wheel drive car. These car's don't have traction control as standard and will bite back if you don't respect them, and you most probably end up writing your car off and/or killing yourself or other people. Which might not be bad thing to some people :p

Drifting is just like any other motorsport, don't just go out onto the street and do it. You don't see people rallying or doing F1 on the street :toothless
DjConfessions
I was originally going to get a $550 1984 Celica GT-S Fastback. It belongs to my friends neighbor. He also just happened to have a Supra engine hanging around in the yard and said i could take it if i want, no charge. it was quite appealing to me, especially the research on the internet claiming many thumbs up, despite its age.
unfortunately, i decided reliability over personal pleasure and got this echo for $500. plus, 40miles per gallon helps the commute from home to other home (about 75 miles) which i almost do daily.
as for drifting, i don't ever really plan on doing it. i NEED the tires and can't afford to get new ones.
My friend has a civic and we both work on it to make it ready on race day, which is called RaceLegal. Funded by the SDPD, its a small-charge big event where they used the sports stadium as a straightaway for a 1/8 run. personally, i think they can fit a 1/4run, but law states u have to have twice the braking distance then the hot portion of the race.
|cEbLu3
planning on getting a 92 Honda CRX, B16A, racing Cams, Headers, Aftermarket exhaust, do some serious Na mod, then finally one day buy the big v-tech turbo, heh

maybe

:toocool:
G1_integra
Integra 1993 gs 2 door

custom paint , Factory leather,5 speed ,Fully loaded 65k miles
Just added REAL hids and new cv's

http://www.4-20-47.com/photo_album.0.html.0.html

I got that one in a trade from my dad . I traded him my 1964 chrysler new yorker for it that I just paid $1300 for tax time.

1964 chrysler New Yorker 4 door with push button automatic .
413/340 hp V-8 engine TorqueFlite automatic transmission, power steering,power windows and factory a/c

Integra 1989 ls 2 door

stock, 150k miles, 5 speed,AC

Now its got about 180k and is tired as hell
Added I H E and tokico blues

wizniz
mercedes 300D
from '93

TURBOOOOO DIESEL! :cool:
wwu.punisher
I still have my kickass little 1995 Toyota Camry. 98k miles, flawless engine, and I just finished a 575W stereo a few months back.
trance4life627
2003 BMW 5-series wrapped in Lowenhart LD1's
Pariah Cleric
quote:
Originally posted by |cEbLu3
planning on getting a 92 Honda CRX, B16A, racing Cams, Headers, Aftermarket exhaust, do some serious Na mod, then finally one day buy the big v-tech turbo, heh

maybe

:toocool:

And you'll still be left with a CRX.
Mebot
see my sig

i also have a 1968 Mercury that i'm restom-rodding.

DjConfessions
I admit, Fast and Furious got me all up into the import scene. fortunately, i wasn't one of the extreme trendees who spend all their money on an exact replica of "torretos" engine. unfortunately, a good thing to have going at 130 mph is the stability of the car.
car crashes, deaths. all over the illusion they could be KING of the streets.
now with Drifting, its happening all over again. I visit a plethora of message boards a day consisting with a small forum for auto mechanics or automotive discussion. The whole new trendees believe they can drift with the FWD car their dad handed down to them. anyone can do anything, just as long as u have the technique and equipment to handle the stress of a drift. these guys don't have either. but they sure like involving other vehicles in their mishaps. UGH
Creamfields23
I Have a Peugeot 106 ATM

I hope to buy one of these in a year:

Dunno why but i'm hooked on this car for ages
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement