return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Move over metrosexuals...
View this Thread in Original format
astroboy
Make way for the HERMAPHRODUDES !!

quote:

New bloke is no joke
By Liam Houlihan
June 17, 2005

A NEW breed of ultra-feminine straight men has arrived that make the metrosexual look like a rugged caveman.

Variously called "mirls" - male girls - or "hermaphrodudes", they're not afraid to carry a manbag, wear feminine jewellery, spend a fortune on fashion or work in traditionally female jobs.

Yet when it comes to romance they remain committed to pursuing the opposite sex.

While metrosexuals could be identified by their pink T-shirts and occasional moisturiser, hermaphrodudes take it a step further, wear pink scarfs and work in women's fashion and lingerie shops.

In recognition of the mirl revolution, female fashion chain Sportsgirl released a line of "boy jewellery" specifically for guys.

Sportsgirl spokeswoman Prue Murphy said the line of wood and bead necklaces, bracelets and leather chokers and wrist straps had sold well.

"Girls would buy them for their boyfriends or a guy might come in with his girlfriend and see them and take an interest," she said.

"Guys are definitely taking much more care in the way they look and it's not considered bad to be wearing bracelets."

New research by youth forecaster Lifelounge shows urban lads spend only slightly less on fashion than females of the same age.

Nearly half of males between 16 and 29 spend more than $150 a month on fashion, and nearly one in five spends more than $250.

Auskar Surbakti said he was simply one of a lot of guys who were not particularly macho.

The proud owner of three pink shirts, a new pink scarf, and 10 man-bags, insists on "a different bag for different occasions" and struggles to leave home with just a wallet and a phone.

The student, 21, spends a quarter of his income on fashion and reckons his mates are baffled as to how he can pay $100 for a haircut.

"I just bought a pink scarf and didn't think twice about it because I thought it would go with my pink striped jumper," he said.

Mr Surbakti's feminine traits and habitual use of lip balm and chapsticks does nothing to put off female suitors.

A female admirer once even paid $50 for a kiss from him at a university fundraiser.

Mr Surbakti is part of a global trend that has also been described as the birth of "hybrid man".

International research spearheaded by French marketing and style consultants recently found that macho men such as Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone are an endangered species.

Discuss.
Nsonic
see, in biology/genetics, we learn that the default body plan for a human is female, it is the Y chromosome which triggers stuff to make a person a male.
that could be one explanation to explain this.. Metrosexual-and-then-some
:|

Or

Something is definitely wrong with society
This is going too far.
man-girls. Thats just..thats....kinky

one acronym could sum this up. anyone wanna guess?
Estella
Does dating a hermaphrodude make me a lesbian?
Spacey Orange
:wtf:

these 'guys' might as well sprout vaginas.
Aiwendil
Hermaprhodude? That sounds like the name of a gay superhero. What? Trouble down by the docks? Hermaprhodude will save the day! His arch nemesis is the evil Dr. Heteroctopus. His weakness isn't kryptonite, it's lumberjack shirts! Those things are sooooo not fabuuu.

Hermaprhodude saving the world
Rescuing children with his bangs unfurled
He'll roll his eyes if you call him a mirl
But consider it a compliment if you call him a girl

Hermaprhodude, you're my hero!
Estella
:stongue:
lilcapfromtedub
quote:
Originally posted by Aiwendil
Hermaprhodude? That sounds like the name of a gay superhero. What? Trouble down by the docks? Hermaprhodude will save the day! His arch nemesis is the evil Dr. Heteroctopus. His weakness isn't kryptonite, it's lumberjack shirts! Those things are sooooo not fabuuu.

Hermaprhodude saving the world
Rescuing children with his bangs unfurled
He'll roll his eyes if you call him a mirl
But consider it a compliment if you call him a girl

Hermaprhodude, you're my hero!

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue: :stongue: :stongue: :stongue:
kossack
man, just when we thought the metrosexual was the pinnacle of achievement for men looking to get in touch with their 'feminine side,' a new breed of girly-man enters the picture. whatever happened to just being a guy??
apostrophe
Can I predict a "mirls alliance"???? I'll be the first to call it.

*flips hand*
Bartimaeus
omfg

men do not wear bracelets

Fundamental
quote:
Originally posted by kossack
whatever happened to just being a guy??

Not a clue. Us guys need to make a stand, and that stand should be standing at the bar ordering a pint. :D
astroboy
quote:
Originally posted by Fundamental
Not a clue. Us guys need to make a stand, and that stand should be standing at the bar ordering a pint. :D

I like your thinking!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement