return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Is this the end???
View this Thread in Original format
Soliman
hi guys,
I've been reading that alot of big name djs are switching to live...
So is this the end of "hands on djing"???
if not
Is this the end of vinyl???

Peace,
Soliman
Boomer187
i am not up to date on this whoel live thing, but I am pretty sure they still need hands to work it.

so I wouldn't worry about handless djs taking over.
Soliman
it wasn't ment in that way lol
NuDarkBeat
actually from what information i have gathered the new "In" thing is dj's using their feet. Should pop up some interesting mixing techniques:crazy:
Freak
no
and no
djwright
it may be the end for all of you but ill still be here waving 12 inches of fun in your face :cool:
Vyper0987
quote:
Originally posted by djwright
it may be the end for all of you but ill still be here waving 12 inches of fun in your face :cool:

haha...gross. :eek:
Psionic
Jeez, people see Sasha and Richie Hawtin switching to it and think EVERY DJ is moving to Live. :rolleyes:
jdat
just because 0.01% of the djs are changing doesn't mean it's the end
Ryan0751
And why isn't Live "hands on"? Sasha isn't using clicking a mouse while staring into a screen (aka some "traktor" DJ's), he has a BIG (and I mean big) hardware controller, which is the only interface that makes sense.

CDJ's are accepted now in the DJ world. What we'll see soon are boxes that work and look like CDJ's, but with computers as the backend. The real innovation will come in the form of better control interfaces.

Sound pretty nice to me.

Although I was out last night and the DJ didn't even put carts on the TT's, just used CDJ's all night. That's a sad site even though he was rocking it.

Unknown DJ
No. But CD's are...
MERiDiAN5i2
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
just because 0.01% of the djs are changing doesn't mean it's the end

lets rephrase that: just because the "big-name jocks" who are all about the money are ditching vinyl to play CDs, doesnt mean anyone with a little roots would.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement