return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

lol...dm2 mixman
View this Thread in Original format
davinox
i am no dj, let's get that straight. there is no way in hell i'm buying cdj's, much less vinyl. but my friend is going to buy me a Mixman DM2, i guess it's like a toy mixer. well, can anyone tell me if I can get some fun/use out of this thing? it would be fun to screw with some tracks, and not have to use ACID to make my own mixes...

peace!
tranceDJ
um...to tell you the truth that thing looks pretty crappy and very unprofessional. It would sure be fun to screw around with but its not worth the money to do that IMO. It looks like you pretty much hit the buttons and it makes scratch noises...possibly effects? It doesn't look like something that you could 'mix' songs with though. I say tell your friend to give you money instead towards yer TT's.
davinox
i think i'm gonna take it and play around with it for kicks...lol...
why not? looks pretty fun. besides, i'm not going to buy anything good for mixing since i don't wanna persuit dj'ing.... rather just listen to the trance and love it.

well...if there is anything that's semi-easy to use around the Mixman price range (100 bucks) that i could actually make some amateur mixes with, then i might tell my friend to get me that instead.
SYNthSRI
haha..I saw this thing at Bestbuy's. Was like WTF?!?
the lil plastic turntables and knobs. Let me know when you get it and play around with it as to how it is. This other kid I know is getting it as a b-day present from his g/f. If it's "fun", I might get it as a christmas present for my brother to play around with.

:D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement