return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

calibrating pitch on 1200's
View this Thread in Original format
gzf
hi :)

a few days ago I got a second hand 1200 and the first thing I did was to calibrate the pitch using some guides I found online, and it worked mostly ok-- i have a single 0% point, the +6% and +3,3% are perfect BUT no matter what I do, I can't get the -3,3% point to be exact.
it is on ~-2,1%! which is funny because the other ones (+) are fine.

so is this a problem with my tt? can it be fixed? not that it's a huge issue but it still bothers me.

thanks in advance :happy2:
i got big pants
mind if i ask what websites you used??? i need to calibrate my pitch as well, but want to see if its something i can do myself and save a crap load of $$$
djwright
quote:
Originally posted by i got big pants
mind if i ask what websites you used??? i need to calibrate my pitch as well, but want to see if its something i can do myself and save a crap load of $$$

search this site there are a FEW threads for this topic. :D
gzf
this is pretty good explained everything but the way he does it, it takes a long time:

http://www.massive.com/in_tune/technics_pitch.html

so if you have a multimeter do it that way:

http://www.djsource.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18594

still i recommend reading the first one because it explains more thoroughly how to open the tt
Inertia
im guessing yeah it's fixable. some recalibration needed, or perhaps... a new pitch slider? well anyways, its doable.
Cosmic Realm
yeah my 2nd hands are doing the same thing... iv had them now for a few hours... not really find it a problem at all really...

though in the future i will fix it
gzf
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Realm
yeah my 2nd hands are doing the same thing... iv had them now for a few hours... not really find it a problem at all really...

though in the future i will fix it

yeah that's great, only problem is there is nobody who knows how it's done...

or is there? ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement