return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

what programs should I use to put my mixes on a cd
View this Thread in Original format
Nbrablec9
I suck with computer skills , and I'm looking for a verry very basic computer program or somthin where i can spin live from my bedroom and record on to my computer where i can then put it onto a cd ??? I tried acid pro ,, but i just want recording ,, not all the music creation stuff,,,, ?? please help i'm looking to get my mixes out to the public this just seems to be the only thing stopping me....... P.S .... Tapes sound like !
dj_lane

there have been many threads on this topic of software...

but not to be a douche and give you a complete response...

try Sony Sound Forge or Adobe Audition or for free software alternative, try Audacity
Rikki
quote:
Originally posted by dj_lane

there have been many threads on this topic of software...

but not to be a douche and give you a complete response...

try Sony Sound Forge or Adobe Audition or for free software alternative, try Audacity

I use Cool Edit myself. But anything that records to wav file is perfect.

R.
DJ 00 Tommy
Unless you didnt notice cool edit pro and adobe audition are the same thingy (audition is just what it has been called since adobe baught it i think) anyway would it be worth creating a good thread of software (mixing and editing) for sticky??
Nbrablec9
thanx for the input
Rikki
quote:
Originally posted by DJ 00 Tommy
Unless you didnt notice cool edit pro and adobe audition are the same thingy (audition is just what it has been called since adobe baught it i think) anyway would it be worth creating a good thread of software (mixing and editing) for sticky??

Wow! Didnt know that, so I went to Adobe and downloaded a trial version. Hmmm - Did they just change the opening graphic?? Looks identical to Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Still a great program underneath tho.

R.
Bender2591
yo dont u need some wires and all that crap tho tho??? u cant just dl the program
jupiterone
RCA/RCA or 1/4 to RCA...really depends what outputs your mixer has from MASTER OUT. and your sound card for aux in or master in
DJ 00 Tommy
quote:
Originally posted by Rikki
Wow! Didnt know that, so I went to Adobe and downloaded a trial version. Hmmm - Did they just change the opening graphic?? Looks identical to Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Still a great program underneath tho.

R.

I cnt remember what the improvments they made where but they made heaps and they where great!
Mike123
I use Acid Pro for recording my mixes.

Dew50
whenever i record a mix, using soundforge or audacity, my cpu use always jumps to about 95% is this normal or is there another program/method that uses less cpu?
Mike123
quote:
Originally posted by Dew50
whenever i record a mix, using soundforge or audacity, my cpu use always jumps to about 95% is this normal or is there another program/method that uses less cpu?

No, I don't think that is normal. May have something to do with your computer. Like I said a couple posts ago, I use Acid Pro and have never had a problem with it.

Mike
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement