return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Help with burning DVD's
View this Thread in Original format
infinity HiGH
Ok....so I burned a bunch of DVD's last week using my friends dvd burner, and now when I pop the disc's in at any of my friends houses, the DVD's aren't detected, as if they were just empty discs.

Anyone know how to fix this? Apparently it's because the discs weren't "closed"...but if thats the case, is there any way to get the off those DVD's????

thanks
stren
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
are you sure those dvd drives can read those discs?

Sometimes older drives cant read DVD-/+RW's or only can read + or - ones...

my dvd-r is brand new - nec nd 3520a and it doesn't detect them
ZzZ The Goddess
Well here are some things that may help....

Did you convert the files before making them into DVD's?

Did you clean the DVD's?

Did you try them in X box or PS2? (I made some DVD's and they worked in X box but wouldnt work in PS2)

Also are the DVD's + or -, it does make a difference. Also if you did not use the correct type for the type of burner you may have a problem there as well.

What prog are you using?

If the session wasnt closed its questionable if you can get anything off of it again, but if you could you need to get a dvd ripper.
infinity HiGH
quote:
Originally posted by ZzZ The Goddess
Well here are some things that may help....

Did you convert the files before making them into DVD's?

I just burned the files onto the discs, as an ISO.

quote:
Did you clean the DVD's?

they're brand-new. so yea they're clean

quote:
Did you try them in X box or PS2? (I made some DVD's and they worked in X box but wouldnt work in PS2)

can't and don't need to use those dvd's on an xbox or ps2

quote:
Also are the DVD's + or -, it does make a difference. Also if you did not use the correct type for the type of burner you may have a problem there as well.

buh?

quote:
What prog are you using?

Nero

quote:
If the session wasnt closed its questionable if you can get anything off of it again, but if you could you need to get a dvd ripper.

i don't think the session was closed. see, it was my first time using a dvd burner and nobody told me that unlike CD's, DVD's need to be "closed"

so uhhhh, what do i do? :conf: I need the that's on those discs. I burned like 5-6 DVD's full of music, videos, backup files, etc. and then deleted them off my comp. I really need to get that stuff off there.
muzzybear
Is there a "finalize" function? If you don't finalize, you can't play them in other dvd decks.
malek
while we're talking about dvds, anyone could tell me what program to use to burn a dvd in the .img format?
infinity HiGH
quote:
Originally posted by muzzybear
Is there a "finalize" function? If you don't finalize, you can't play them in other dvd decks.

Finalize was grayed out ..... :|
Psygnosis
Use something like Nero 6, get the latest firmware if possible and don't burn with Multisession on.
fastmp3
quote:
Originally posted by malek
while we're talking about dvds, anyone could tell me what program to use to burn a dvd in the .img format?

nero ? alcohol 120% ?
malek
nero doesn't take .img format..

I don't have alcohol 120%.

fastmp3
alcohol 120% is your friend, get it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement