return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Ferry @ Bleu Review
View this Thread in Original format
Willy t
Ok, because Ive only had 2 hours of sleep its gonna be short, sweet and simply put-- Ferry is a trance GOD!
Every track he dropped was amazing, in my opinion, with the exception of one. The crowd was ok, but I just hate it when theres people at these partys that have no idea who this 'techno' dj is... other than that, good crowd. KT did a pretty good job too, as usual.

I don't know if anyone would do this but do any of you have a tracklist? There was a few I haven't heard before that were top notch trance.

Track ID help: One song had a "Punky" sound to it and I can definately say its a ferry production and it has to be brand new - it was played in the last hour i think. Speaking of punk, he NEVER plays it. Ive been to 4 Ferry shows and havent heard it once (btw, i was the guy yelling PUNK the whole time).

Hope you guys all had fun!
Cheers
-Will
Vyper0987
quote:
Originally posted by Willy t
Ok, because Ive only had 2 hours of sleep its gonna be short, sweet and simply put-- Ferry is a trance GOD!
Every track he dropped was amazing, in my opinion, with the exception of one. The crowd was ok, but I just hate it when theres people at these partys that have no idea who this 'techno' dj is... other than that, good crowd. KT did a pretty good job too, as usual.

I don't know if anyone would do this but do any of you have a tracklist? There was a few I haven't heard before that were top notch trance.

Track ID help: One song had a "Punky" sound to it and I can definately say its a ferry production and it has to be brand new - it was played in the last hour i think. Speaking of punk, he NEVER plays it. Ive been to 4 Ferry shows and havent heard it once (btw, i was the guy yelling PUNK the whole time).

Hope you guys all had fun!
Cheers
-Will

sure it wasn't mark marberg - guarana? he played that in chicago and i remember it sounding kinda punkish. go to dancerecords.com and search for "guarana" and listen to the sample to see if it's it. it's a really massive tune imo.
eisbaer6
ferry was ing amazing. he reads the crowd amazing and he never let up. I usually don't like rock your body rock but it sounded ing sweet. I definately hope he comes back. So much energy the whole night. To top it off I caught one of those autographs he was throwin out which made me pretty damn happy after gettin lost on the way to the club for half hour.
some songs i remember:
airbiscuit-lately
corsten - sublime
marco v - more than a life away
purple haze - adrenaline
corsten - rock your body rock
marc marberg - guarana
BT - force of gravity
Solid Globe - Lost Cities
Ferry Corsten - Galaxia
dogzilla - without you
FB feat. Edun - Whos Knockin
above and beyond - air for life (unexpected as to me)
system f - i love you
a lotta sweet off his cd that I dont remember the names of right now.
bigblackbrotha
sounds like it was a sweet party, I can't wait to see ferry next week.....it will be my second time seeing him live...My first experience was unforgetable!
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by eisbaer6
Solid Globe - Lost Cities

I am instantly jealous...
Omega_Blue
quote:
Speaking of punk, he NEVER plays it. Ive been to 4 Ferry shows and havent heard it once (btw, i was the guy yelling PUNK the whole time).

punk was raped around 2003 i believe. the only time i saw ferry he busted it out, as i'm sure he did with all of his sets during that time period. great tune, but he probably doesn't want to sound dated (though he busted out rock your body rock also, so...)
Atari Addict
KT made sure Ferry had to play a hell of a show, and he didn't dissapoint. Unfortunatly the lame ass crowd wasn't filled with quite as much energy...especially since half the people left at 2. I'm glad Ferry didn't get discouraged especially considering it was near sold out if not so last year. Adding to the experiance, he also closed the night with Gouryella - Ligaya which was awesome to say the least.

Nice to see you again Topher and Nooka you guys are welcome out here anytime, hope the drive home went alright.
tylerc
quote:
Speaking of punk, he NEVER plays it.

He played it in Minneapolis on 4/20 - Rob and Daniel can confirm that. Was my first time seeing him, too.
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by tylerc
He played it in Minneapolis on 4/20 - Rob and Daniel can confirm that. Was my first time seeing him, too.

4/20 - Confirmed.

:D

Edit: I also discovered that night that I will NEVER try to go see a show that goes til 3AM on 4/20 that's 3&1/2 hours from home, and then try to drive home the same night... this my friends, was the closest to death I have ever come in my life....
UWM
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RJT
4/20 - Confirmed.

:D

Edit: I also discovered that night that I will NEVER try to go see a show that goes til 3AM on 4/20 that's 3&1/2 hours from home, and then try to drive home the same night... this my friends, was the closest to death I have ever come in my life....

Sounds like when I drove back from Chicago --> Madison @ 5am after seeing Danny Howells. The best part, too, was that it was in the worst fog I've ever seen and the drive took over 5 hours because I was forced to drive ~ 30 mph the entire way.

Not cool!

Topher Jones
This was a great night. KT opened up with an amazing set as always. Some of his new unreleased productions are top notch that def made the set great. Ferry was great as well. I was hoping he would play "Holding On" but he didnt. He still played some amazing tracks and I was loving his set.

Went to the afterparty and that was a lot of fun as well. Just chilling and listening to KT's "housier" side, then chilling and just talking with KT, Adam, and Nooka.

Had a great time with everyone as always. Trestin and Adam, thanks for letting Nooka and I chill and stay and you house. It was great as always and you need to come down to Indy soon.

Kt-was fun chilling and chatting about music and what not. Nooka and I dont get to do that in Indy so it made our night.
Willy t
wow! guarana is definately a sweet track! thanks... anybody have any mixes of it?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement