return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
Darude @ The Quest - August 11th
View this Thread in Original format
tylerc
Thursday, August 11th @ The Quest
Sound In Motion and P3 Productions join forces to bring you:

DARUDE

The creator of the international superhits “Sandstorm,” ‘Feel the Beat,” and “Music” makes his long awaited first visit to the Twin Cities! You know the song “Sandstorm,” along with every other person that has attended a club anytime throughout the past several years. People flock to the dancefloor for this insane hit, with over 400,000 sold worldwide. There is something magical behind the workings of Darude, and this magic transfers into his live dj sets. Energetic and entertaining, you can count on the mystical, passionate, and melodic touch of Darude when he steps to the decks. Darude is making dance music because he likes club music himself and likes to dance. His own style is based on simple tracks, strong sounds and beats, and last but not least - the speed. I can feel the beat already, so welcome this superstar to the cities... hit the dancefloor yo!

Plus:
Jack Trash-SIM, aphrodisio recordings, jacktrash.com

EjthaDj-P3 Productions

The Saint-SIM, TC Evolution

Special decor and lighting by CKDecksterhaven, transforming the venue into a haven for beats and magic!

Tickets: $12 advance/$15 door
available through www.vitalvinyl.com
The Quest
110 N 5th St downtown Minneapolis
www.thequestclub.com
18+ to enter, 21+ to drink
Doors @ 9 PM

www.sound-in-motion.net
streaming radio 24-7, FREE mp3 mix downloads

As much as I'd like to hate on this show, I haven't heard one bad thing about Darude as a dj. I will definitely be checking this out.
lücid
sandst000000rm!!!
tylerc
omg ch000000000000nz0rz!!!
wolverine16
They just played Sandstorm at the White Sox/Red Sox game last week, which got the "Dance Cam" going crazy. While everyone makes fun of that song, Darude actually has some decent productions and is supposed to be a good DJ. Worth the $12.
Omega_Blue

why does he remind me of vanilla ice for some reason?
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue

why does he remind me of vanilla ice for some reason?

because he has mastered the "i'm so cool because i'm sporting a funky hair style and color, and girls just love my mohawk goatee, it's so original, just like my bad-ass shades... oh and i won't smile either, because i'm so bad-ass!" look

:p
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by wolverine16
They just played Sandstorm at the White Sox/Red Sox game last week, which got the "Dance Cam" going crazy. While everyone makes fun of that song, Darude actually has some decent productions and is supposed to be a good DJ. Worth the $12.

they love playing that at the games. hes posted on TA a couple times and seems like a pretty good guy. i remember he posted about how some promoter tossed him from a club because he wouldnt play sandstorm when he wanted him to play it. i forget the details but the guy told him to play it now and he told the guy that he was playing his set and the promoter cut the power.
nobelis
It will be well worth the $12.

I hope the promoters get the word out, considering it is only
a couple of weeks away. The more people, the merrier.
tylerc
Damn, what a good show. He has definitely rid himself of the negative sandstorm association i once had of him. tons of energy and solid ass mixing.

i prefered his proggier beginning to his really epic middle and techier end, but i thought the flow was nice.

a few tunes i remember:

will holland - timeless (filo & peri mix) [had to ask him about this choooooooooooon)
mike foyle - for your eyes only
luminary - my world (andy moor mix)
reflekt - need to feel loved ( ? remix)

bah, thats all i remember now. i suck at ids anyway.
nobelis
What a _show_ ! The negative Sandstorm sentiments have been wiped
off my memory as well. This was _the_ Sandstorm!

I do not know if it was the track selection, the flow of the set,
the lasers behind his head, or what, but it was one of the best
gigs I have seen in years! Nice remixes of a lot of tracks too.

What an experience! I feel like driving to Chicago tonight for a
Darude-reunion! The Ascot room is great, because it is so small,
but I can only imagine the Vision going crazy with his set...

born2trance
hope will got this set
nobelis
If that set was recorded, I want it... So post a link in here or let
us know of a torrent tracker or something. We can work something out
if you can get your hands on the set itself.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement