return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Using Audiophile 2496 with shoutcast
View this Thread in Original format
sym
Does anyone know how? I never used shoutcast with it before, but have recorded with this card fine. Right now I can record in soundforge fine, but to stream with shoutcast I can't get anything to come up under recording in volume control to select. All the M-Audio things in there have no options under recording to check. I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't work. Anyone here have any clues?
sym
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
Is your M-Audio set as your default recording device under windows?

Goto control panel->sounds-> and the click around in there and find default recording device. Shoutcast dosnt have a device selector and just goes off the windows default one.

hmm good idea. But the problem is that once i select it there when i go to look at the recording volumes and everything I can't bring them up. There are simply no recording channels listed in volume control for the device. I don't know why. I don't know how to fix it. It records fine in Soundforge but just can't seem to get it to work in shoutcast...
Boomer187
I think we have the same card...so ill run it over how I ahve it setup exactly.

Do what nou said, and teh setting is under the audio tab and is called sound recording. make sure it is set to M-audio delta ap 1/2. Which it should be since you record in soundforge.

then in your shoutcast dsp plugin, just make sure you input is set to soundcard. then you should see your input levels going crazy. I usually don't mess with the levels on the computer side, I just turn the volume up on the mixer, but I think turning one of the volume knobs up in the master volume panel will work...

hope this works for ya.
sym
ok well that didn't work either. in your shoutcast plugin under the input tab, if you click open mixer does the recording control volume levels come up? Cau's when I click open mixer I get a msg that says:
"There is a problem with your sound hardware. To install mixer devices, go to control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, and than click Add Hardware." So it doesnt come up with any inputs to record from I guess. I have no idea what to do.
sym
quote:
Originally posted by Nou
That error message is normal since M-Audio cards usually dont use the windows mixer to control sound.

ok thats kinda what i was thinking. But than my question is how can I select the line in on the audiophile to be used as the input in shoutcast?
Boomer187
line in sucks. funk that.

try broadcasting mp3s that are playing in winamp...meaning select winamp instead of sound card for input. make sure thats all working.

and when I click on open mixer I get the windows volume control. which might mean there is something funked up. other than that im outta ideas, just make sure you are using a current version o winamp, and that all your drivers are installed properly.
DjJade
FIRST: set default recording in windows to m-audio delta ap multi, in the delta control panel patch bay, set everything to monitor mixer, then turn up the input and master volume on the monitor mixer.

THEN: open winamp, set soundforge input to soundcard input
sym
quote:
Originally posted by DjJade
FIRST: set default recording in windows to m-audio delta ap multi, in the delta control panel patch bay, set everything to monitor mixer, then turn up the input and master volume on the monitor mixer.

THEN: open winamp, set soundforge input to soundcard input

u mean shoutcast input? I do that and its still no good... =\. I think because shoutcast goes through windows for the sound input and the 2496 card doesnt work like that. But I don't know. Some of you must be using this card and shoutcasting your sets?
DjJade
you have to change windows first, then make sure your delta control panel is set up correctly, then open winamp. if you have winamp open already, and you change your windows setting, then the changes wont translate to a program thats already loaded into the memory
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement