return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
TV Dinners
View this Thread in Original format
nickpdx
...are ing disgusting. :(

99% of the time I'm a food snob and a really healthy eater. I eat organic stuff whenever possible, hardly ever have any candy, ice cream, or sodas or other things with exorbitant amounts of high fructose corn syrup. I don't eat things with lots of artificial ingredients, fast food, or much deep fried stuff.

Anyways, I got home late tonight, was looking for something to eat, and saw a stack of TV dinners in the freezer. I picked one that looked appetizing and followed the instructions for making it. While it was in the microwave I read the ingredient list. It had about 200 ingredients, most of them things like "sodium tripolyphosphate," "sodium biphosphate," "BHT [As a preservative]," "artificial smoke flavoring," "corn syrup," etc. After looking up BHT on Wikipedia I don't really want to do anymore research on the nutritious contents of the meal. :nervous:

The potatoes were basically slathered in salt and fake butter, the corn was devoid of any resemblance of any sort of flavor, and the "chicken" was a chewy piece of processed that was drenched in fake smoke flavor (smelled like a ty campfire) and watery barbeque sauce.

:(

Avoid if possible.
Orbital32
only health freaks complain about real food. vegtables is what real food eats. Vegtables, its what hamburgers are made of :)
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by nickpdx
...are ing disgusting. :(

99% of the time I'm a food snob and a really healthy eater. I eat organic stuff whenever possible, hardly ever have any candy, ice cream, or sodas or other things with exorbitant amounts of high fructose corn syrup. I don't eat things with lots of artificial ingredients, fast food, or much deep fried stuff.

Anyways, I got home late tonight, was looking for something to eat, and saw a stack of TV dinners in the freezer. I picked one that looked appetizing and followed the instructions for making it. While it was in the microwave I read the ingredient list. It had about 200 ingredients, most of them things like "sodium tripolyphosphate," "sodium biphosphate," "BHT [As a preservative]," "artificial smoke flavoring," "corn syrup," etc. After looking up BHT on Wikipedia I don't really want to do anymore research on the nutritious contents of the meal. :nervous:

The potatoes were basically slathered in salt and fake butter, the corn was devoid of any resemblance of any sort of flavor, and the "chicken" was a chewy piece of processed that was drenched in fake smoke flavor (smelled like a ty campfire) and watery barbeque sauce.

:(

Avoid if possible.

Oh my God... I'm so high right now, this actually made me hungry... :nervous:

I gotta get some food... :toocool:
Mr. Pink
im eating a fukin potato.

so cry me a riverrrrrrrr
nickpdx
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pink

so cry me a riverrrrrrrr

Potatoes are in delicious. Especially baked potatoes.
nickpdx
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RJT
Oh my God... I'm so high right now, this actually made me hungry... :nervous:

I gotta get some food... :toocool:

:stongue:

I haven't smoked in like a week. :(
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pink

so cry me a riverrrrrrrr

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hey man, potatoes are good, potatoes are good...
Mr. Pink
quote:
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Hey man, potatoes are good, potatoes are good...

they are...

...but not this potato:(

no sir....this potato is gross looking....it has like....fingers.:eek:

it's like a degenerated squash lookin potato...:wtf:

this potato has a look of evil upon it:nervous:
zookeeper
I miss the foil, plastic isn't the same.:(
Mr. Pink
ok so this is the crappiest potato ever...

i baked it and everything and then........i realized i had no butter.....no sour cream.....no bacon bits.....NOTHING.

i melted a damn kraft single's piece on it and put a bit of pepper :(

this potato sucks ass:disbelief

DJ RJT
I'm very sorry to hear about your potatoe catastrophe Javi - If it makes you feel any better, I just ate some Muenster I had in the fridge that gained a rather "rubbery" almost "tupperwarey" texture to it... :nervous:

Sketch.
Mr. Pink
quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I just ate some Muenster I had in the fridge that gained a rather "rubbery" almost "tupperwarey" texture to it... :nervous:

Sketch.

yes, it does make me feel better.

we shall be miserable, yet content with our belly's full.

ah yes, the splendid feeling of bittersweetness.:tongue2

and now, i depart zee c0r.

another swell day in c0r paradise, Adi0s!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement