return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist passes away.
View this Thread in Original format
Vlad
Liberals rejoice, Conservatives weap.

RIP.
Mebot
he's been on the supreme court since 1972.wow i guess another justice in addition to John roberts is needed now.

i wonder who the next Chief justice is going to be.. Scalia? Souter? Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
Vlad
quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
he's been on the supreme court since 1972.wow i guess another justice in addition to John roberts is needed now.

i wonder who the next Chief justice is going to be.. Scalia? Souter? Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

I know Bush will go for Scalia, no doubt. Whether the Senate will confirm it is another story.
Mebot
i think I should be the next Supreme Court Chief justice!
Spacey Orange
good riddance. the rumour around heaven's watercooler is that god doesn't even want him there.
wizniz
rip

but ehhhh
::TranceVanDyk::
he graduated first in his class from Stanford University in 1952. In 20 years, he made the Supreme Court. Very well-to-do.
flavdave
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
Liberals rejoice

Not really, Renquist was very conservative and Bush is going to nominate someone who is equally conservative.
RipYouAnother
DaveSZ
quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
good riddance.

+1

He was a piece of .

In 1952 as a law clerk to justice Robert Jackson, he wrote a memo in favor of upholding Plessy v. Furguson. The court, including Jackson unanimously overturned Plessy in the famous Brown V Board decision.

::TranceVanDyk::
quote:
Originally posted by DaveSZ
+1

He was a piece of .

In 1952 as a law clerk to justice Robert Jackson, he wrote a memo in favor of upholding Plessy v. Furguson. The court, including Jackson unanimously overturned Plessy in the famous Brown V Board decision.

u cant say that because it wasnt 2005 in 1952. times were different. and if u were white, u thought that blacks should be segregated. as time passed, im sure his views changed with society.
Perfect_Cheezit
quote:
Originally posted by ::TranceVanDyk::
u cant say that because it wasnt 2005 in 1952. times were different. and if u were white, u thought that blacks should be segregated. as time passed, im sure his views changed with society.

lol
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement