return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Sean Penn saves the day.....er...
View this Thread in Original format
Shakka
Oops!!

Hey, you could swap boats with the camera crew, but then nobody'd know you were there! Nice effort though.

Shoulda brought in one of his own yachts, sans leak, but that water in the Big Easy was just too damn Nasty.

quote:
Sean Penn's rescue bid sinks
From correspondents in New Orleans
05sep05

EFFORTS by Hollywood actor Sean Penn to aid New Orleans victims stranded by Hurricane Katrina foundered badly overnight, when the boat he was piloting to launch a rescue attempt sprang a leak.

Penn had planned to rescue children waylaid by Katrina's flood waters, but apparently forgot to plug a hole in the bottom of the vessel, which began taking water within seconds of its launch.

The actor, known for his political activism, was seen wearing what appeared to be a white flak jacket and frantically bailing water out of the sinking vessel with a red plastic cup.

When the boat's motor failed to start, those aboard were forced to use paddles to propel themselves down the flooded New Orleans street.

Asked what he had hoped to achieve in the waterlogged city, the actor replied: "Whatever I can do to help."

With the boat loaded with members of Penn's entourage, including a personal photographer, one bystander taunted the actor: "How are you going to get any people in that thing?"

Leave it to the professionals, buddy. Do what your president says and send "cah-yush".
donnybrasco
:haha: :haha: :haha:

He should volunteer to plug a levee..........with his body.
wizniz
what a loser publicity stunt
Lepanto
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least it seems like a sincere stunt.
DaveSZ
quote:
Originally posted by Shakka

http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/09/05/114155.php

quote:

I was on the boat with Sean Penn this weekend. That's me in the background of the above photo.

The article you wrote is completely mistaken. He did not bring a personal photographer. He came with me and his friend, a New Orleans writer named Douglas Brinkley, and the reason he came was because a friend of his had asked him to help him find a family member still stuck in her house. He did not consent to any photographs taken. The boat did spring a leak, but only at the end of the trip, after one of the people we pulled out of the water kicked the plug out by accident. The articles you probably based your reports on came from an Australian writer who was angry that Sean had declined an interview.

I don't understand why people like you insist on believing that kind of reporting. Probably because you want to believe it.

Sincerely,
M. Taibbi
Reporter
Rollling Stone Magazine

Shakka
quote:
Originally posted by DaveSZ
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/09/05/114155.php

Believe half of what you see and none of what you read.
shaolin_Z
quote:
Believe half of what you see and none of what you read.

You should apply that to yourself too once in a while.;)
Shakka
quote:
Originally posted by shaolin_Z
You should apply that to yourself too once in a while.;)

Believe me, I do.;)
shaolin_Z
quote:
Believe me, I do.;)

:eek: :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement