return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

cleaning my collection
View this Thread in Original format
xstalkrx
Ok so I've been looking at various sprays and brushes for vinyl at chemical records and i dont know which to choose? Can somebody point me in the direction of the products you use to clean your vinyl?

I'm seeing dust in my grooves! Must clean. Thanks.
physe
I've heard that a product called gruv glide works really well. I haven't used it myself, but I know there are many on this board that recommend it. Can someone plase confirm this?
wee_rooney
they were giving away a new cleanin cloth thing in IDJ mag a few months ago ... it was a great wee cloth, cant remember the make though :rolleyes:

no liquid or anything, just a cloth. works pretty well!

sorry for being so vague :)
CosmoKid
1 part rubbing alcohol to 9 parts water.

microfiber towel (and if you wash it dont use fabric softener).
DJ Intrigue
I found this thread about record cleaning/stylus care on Future Producers to be interesting. I actually use the methods described in the first post (incidentally enough written by an Ortofon representative) and they do the trick very well.

http://www.futureproducers.com/foru...hp?postid=89900
xstalkrx
hmmm 1 part rubbing alc and 9 parts water sounds interesting. I already have a micro fiber cloth. Any other people here use this technique? 1 oz alc and 9 oz water?
harriz
quote:
Originally posted by CosmoKid
1 part rubbing alcohol to 9 parts water.

microfiber towel (and if you wash it dont use fabric softener).

it has to be distilled water (you know the they use in irons).
Regular water drys leaving ''salt'' in the grooves. :)
Street_Soldier
i use a leaf blower
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement