return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
M44G Problems
View this Thread in Original format
DJ 00 Tommy
Im getting a problem that sounds like this
Click here for sample<<
I know its def my cart and stylus because it happens nomatter what table its hooked up to and nomatter what song im playing.
Iv tried various settings, they are fairly new (2-3 weeks) i dont scratch and my other one is completly %100 fine.
Street_Soldier
i haev no clue why but maybe the tip is bent.
spdandpwr
I have several questions for ya...

1)are you touching the record at all or is it skipping by itself
2)How old is the cartridge
3)can you afford to spend 20 bucks to by a numark groove tool cartridge in order to see if its the record that is infact damaged

After hearing the clip, i deduce that the record isn't pressed right alongside a brand new cartridge. That sounds like a skipping record and even if the record is new it could still skip, i had that problem before.
spdandpwr
ooops didn't read your thread completely and you answered my second question....but anyways your problem is what i pointed out in the previous post
DJ 00 Tommy
Thats exactly how it sounds. its only a few weeks old, iv tested other records and my other m44g... so that answers your questions? I included all that in my first post.
spdandpwr
your post made me more confused :conf: Does this record skip with the other m44 g or is it just this one. also how old is the other m44g
DJ 00 Tommy
They are both the same age and only one skips.
Its also has bad sound quality (highs sound fuzzy)
DJ Xtracktor
quote:
Originally posted by DJ 00 Tommy
They are both the same age and only one skips.
Its also has bad sound quality (highs sound fuzzy)

Are the wires from the headshell to the cartridge touching the record at all? like if its it a bit warped? I had that problem with my whitelabel. :)
DJ 00 Tommy
nope.
With more testing its only some records that it skips like that but most others it has bad sound quality.
Although with my other m44g every record plays perfectly.
Cheetah86
Try swapping the styluses(stylii?) between your two M44G's and see if the problem is in the stylus itself or the cartridge. They slide out and slide in, it takes a few seconds to do.

pvdalltheway
dude...whred u get taht record....oceanlab - sattelite...i want it so bad!:eyespop:
spdandpwr
it's the above and beyond remix it's good but old
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement