return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

opinions needed for dj setup
View this Thread in Original format
spdandpwr
As you may already know i had a dj set-up last year in college and now this semester i am re-attending the university of san francisco. But now since i returned my parents would not let me ship my dj equipment back. Well in any event, people seem to be happy with my djing skills and are asking for me to perform services for them for a cut. Unfortunately i don't have any equipment to dj with. So i am asking a friend if i can use his str8-80s for one semester until my equipment comes here next semester. My question is what kind of cut ie what should i pay him to use his stuff. Like he wants me to pay him a cut for each party i use his stuff with and for him to have his equipment in his room. i dunno give me suggestions of what to do should i go with his str8-80 proposal which i can't practice with or if any one is willing to let me rent out there equipment for 200 plus liability if anythign breaks then that would be cool. whatever just give me suggestions with the equipment situation
jmix
I dont think it would cost more than 200$ bucks to ship your gear to you..... why wont your rents do it?!
spdandpwr
they want me to focus on studying more than djing also since they didn't want me to send it i didn't think to package the tables. tables have to be packaged properly so i can't just ask them to send them without fixing them properly
CosmoKid
what kind of head "friend" is asking for a cut to use his equipment?
spdandpwr
i dunno but wouldn't you want money if your friend is making money off using your stuff
punjabi
quote:
Originally posted by spdandpwr
i dunno but wouldn't you want money if your friend is making money off using your stuff

id say youre making money off your skills, not his gear.
spdandpwr
i decided to sell my power amplifier on ebay simply because the money would help towards purchasing new used technics turntables. the amplifier won't be needed anyways because i plan on getting powered speakers anyways. is ebay a good place for used technics?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement