return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Parade 2005

Bay Bridge on-ramp closures on Saturday night
View this Thread in Original format
Koolaid74
This is for those of you returning to the East Bay via the Bay Bridge, if you are attending the LP after parties. You should expect that the Bay Bridge will be very difficult to access from midnight to 8AM when you are returning home after the parties. Here is the link:

http://www.511.org/promo/baybridge/default.asp

It looks like the First Street on-ramp is the only one that would be available. Unless you are going to be at ten15 until they close at 9AM(or hit up End-Up after until... god knows when), expect a lot of detours in the city. There may be some lane closures, as well.

Have fun this weekend and be safe!

:toothless
Koolaid74
Oops. PhaseFour already gave us a heads-up.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=293703
butterfly
thanks... i thought it closed earlier than 12. i am taking BART anyway, since i won't be hitting up any afterparties. but my bf has to work at 5 am in SF that day and he will have no choice but to drive. if the bridge doesnt close until 12, he can at least come to part of the parade. :)
Koolaid74
quote:
Originally posted by butterfly
thanks... i thought it closed earlier than 12. i am taking BART anyway, since i won't be hitting up any afterparties. but my bf has to work at 5 am in SF that day and he will have no choice but to drive. if the bridge doesnt close until 12, he can at least come to part of the parade. :)

I don't think the bridge will be closed off completely. Probably will have a couple of lanes closed as well as few on/off ramps. It will just cause some traffic congestion, but given the time of the day, I doubt traffic would be that bad. I just wanted to make sure that people aren't completely thrown off by all the detours as they make their way to the bridge.

Have a great time at the parade!
butterfly
quote:
Originally posted by Koolaid74
I don't think the bridge will be closed off completely. Probably will have a couple of lanes closed as well as few on/off ramps. It will just cause some traffic congestion, but given the time of the day, I doubt traffic would be that bad. I just wanted to make sure that people aren't completely thrown off by all the detours as they make their way to the bridge.

Have a great time at the parade!

i expect it would cause my ride home to be 90 minutes instead of 30. that's really frustrating in the middle of the night...
CAtranceaddict
Yeah, that aspect of the ride home sucked for me and my friends. We didn't know about the ramp closures until the moment we were heading home. Even so, it just added on a handful of minutes.
MR STROKE
i couldn't BELIVE it...i read your post and thought "nobody will be on the bridge at 2:00am"....lol was i in for a treat...1 hour wait to go 2 miles to get onto the bridge!!
n0nsensical
I think the key with all this bridge construction is to get on at the First Street onramp. At 4:30, I was on the freeway, saw the traffic starting at 7th street, and got off there. Took Folsom to 1st Street, and there was no traffic. It's a good thing because my car has decided to start overheating when I'm stopped for too long. On the way in I sat in traffic because they closed the new Octavia/Market offramp for the peace parade; I just barely got out of it when the temp warning light came on, and I was able to park before destroying the engine and/or stopping in the middle of the road.
Trancelover24
I parked over by 5th and Folsom away from the Party.. sucked having to walk but I was on the bay bridge in no time ..took the 1st street onRamp .. WATCHING The News finally payed off!!!
Zharen
I wish me and my crew heard about this before leaving SF. We got stuck in that traffic for about an hour and everyone was screaming bloody murder cuz they all had to pee. :o
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement