return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Sound System Question
View this Thread in Original format
Pariah Cleric
Okay, I'm not too good with the whole sound system thing and I was looking around tonight, haven't really gotten a chance to talk with people about it, so here I am. The only thing I kinda got confused on was the Amp, I'm not quite sure if it's alright for this setup.

Kicker KS60 (6-1/2" 2-way car speakers) - $69.99
Pioneer DEH-2700 (Headunit) - $109.99
Kicker TC104 (Ported Box w/ 10" Subwoofer) $149.99
Kicker KX350.4 (4-Channel Amp [60W RMSx4]) - $249.99

How's that look?

EDIT: Got rid of something
igottaknow
it depends on the size of your penis

if its small you'll need to spend more
Pariah Cleric
Congratulations. I like listening to my music loud, it's not exactly a bass-bumping system with that huuuuge 10". :rolleyes:
djkoolaide
So.. what are you planning to use to power your sub?

And BTW.. Kicker is way over-rated.
Pariah Cleric
I wasn't going based on brand name, I was looking at user reviews and price.

Like I said, I got confused on the Amp part, wouldn't the amp power the two speakers and the sub?
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by Pariah Cleric
Okay, I'm not too good with the whole sound system thing and I was looking around tonight, haven't really gotten a chance to talk with people about it, so here I am. The only thing I kinda got confused on was the Amp, I'm not quite sure if it's alright for this setup.

Kicker KS60 (6-1/2" 2-way car speakers) - $69.99
Pioneer DEH-2700 (Headunit) - $109.99
Kicker TC104 (Ported Box w/ 10" Subwoofer) $149.99
Kicker KX350.4 (4-Channel Amp [60W RMSx4]) - $249.99

How's that look?

EDIT: Got rid of something

i don't like it. the 4-channel amp is pretty much meant for powering the four speakers, but if your head unit supplies 40x4 or watts then that should be plenty.

the kicker sub, unless it's a solobaric L7 or whatever, is imo. besides, one ten won't do the trick if you want thump.

i'd say go with a pair of 12's in a sealed box, and definitely get rid of that amp. go with a 2-channel bridgeable amp or a mono subwoofer amp. i'm sure you can get a decent pair of 12's with a box and an amp for a pretty good deal on ebay.

seriously, for $500 you could get a much louder system than what you have.

really, in my opinion, the head unit and the speakers are probably the least important if you're going for whang. i would use your stock speakers (if they're not blown) until you can afford better ones. if i were going for loudness, i'd spend about a bill on the head unit and the rest on the subs and amp. just my 2 cents
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by Pariah Cleric
I wasn't going based on brand name, I was looking at user reviews and price.

Like I said, I got confused on the Amp part, wouldn't the amp power the two speakers and the sub?

it could- i guess you figure you'd power both the speakers and bridge the other two channels for the 10?

i hear that since 4 channel amps are meant for speakers, it lets a lot of the upper and mid frequencies through- which i guess is bad for the sub... or at least ineffecient.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement