return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
just got my TT's& a noob question
View this Thread in Original format
hiram
so i just got my turntables and mixer. it was a numark starters kit actually. and ive bought them for now to mess around with till i actually get good enough to throw down some big money for better equipment.
my question is about mixing. ive bought records and messed around with them for a little and i get the bass beat to match, but only for a few seconds. after that the songs start to fall out of sync and i dont know wether to speed it up/slow down or even which song it is.. any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated
Vlad
You do know theres a stickied thread about mixing... and you do know that there is a search function.
hiram
yeah, i searched b4 i posted..and found nothing
tried another search just a few moments ago and found what i needed, thanks
wee_rooney
quote:
Originally posted by hiram
yeah, i searched b4 i posted..and found nothing
tried another search just a few moments ago and found what i needed, thanks

just practice, ul get the hang of it.

good luck ;)
Ryan0751
Head over to djforums.com and read the tutorials on beatmatching, it'll help once to have a basic idea of what you should be trying to listen for.

quote:
Originally posted by wee_rooney
just practice, ul get the hang of it.

good luck ;)
Ryan0751
Which Numark TT's did you get? If they are very cheap belt drives, you may only get so far with your beatmatching as far as accuracy goes. Just remember that mixing with expensive TT's such as Technics is hard enough, and with a lesser TT it can be even more difficult.

quote:
so i just got my turntables and mixer. it was a numark starters kit actually. and ive bought them for now to mess around with till i actually get good enough to throw down some big money for better equipment.
my question is about mixing. ive bought records and messed around with them for a little and i get the bass beat to match, but only for a few seconds. after that the songs start to fall out of sync and i dont know wether to speed it up/slow down or even which song it is.. any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated
hiram
no theyre direct drive, Numark TT1625 and the mixer is Numark DM950. i was told to stay away from belt drive. and thanks for the DJ site ill check it out when i get home from work
Ryan0751
Ok good :) Numark and Gemini should really NOT sell belt-drives intended for "DJ use".

There's a lot of great info on that site, just keep reading and practice everyday and you'll get the hang of it!

quote:
no theyre direct drive, Numark TT1625 and the mixer is Numark DM950. i was told to stay away from belt drive. and thanks for the DJ site ill check it out when i get home from work
CleverName
quote:
and i get the bass beat to match, but only for a few seconds. after that the songs start to fall out of sync

I guess they weren't beatmatched then after all ;)
Wraith
It's practice, plain and simple. I used to be pants at telling which direction the mix was out, but after doing it for while I've gotten more of an ear for it. I'm by no means perfect at it and I still have the sketchy transition heere and there, but I'm miles better than when I started.

hiram
i guess practice is all it takes then, thanks everyone
jupiterone
practice makes perfect.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement