return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
**Price info Plz** So I'm impatient and poor... (Allen & Heath related content)
View this Thread in Original format
DJ RJT
So I've been kicking this around for a while here, and I really need some help in finalizing my decision...

I've got a DJM 500 right now - I really like it, nice mixer, but I need something more. After having gotten to play on the Allen & Heath mixers over the last few months, I just realize I NEED to own one... I've been trying sooooo hard to save up money for an Xone 92, but I'm coming to realize that the cost is something I cannot afford on top of the costs of life/college right now.

So I'm thinking, since I am getting real impatient and really want a new mixer, that I want to purchase an Xone 62 instead of a 92. I've played on both, and like both quite a bit, and definitely more than I like the DJM series (500 & 600 at least), but I'm just wondering if you guys think it's a mistake to upgrade to a 62 for any reason at all...

I don't know if any of this makes sense... I guess all I'm tryin to get it, is I want an Allen & Heath mixer, but I can definitely NOT afford an Xone 92, so I'm thinking 62... any ideas/comments/concerns/other suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Rob
dinoXpress
go for it. you can always sell it and if the 92 is NEVER an option then it. theres no point if you just CANT do it.

*seethes in envy*
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by dinoXpress
go for it. you can always sell it and if the 92 is NEVER an option then it. theres no point if you just CANT do it.

*seethes in envy*

Yeah dude, it's hard enough for me to come up with $800-$900 for a 62... $1600 for a 92 would kill me... I'd have NO money to do anything, my girlfriend would break up with me because I couldn't take her out/buy her birthday presents/afford to even come see her... Shelling out the cash for s Xone92 would likely ruin my life....

:p
DJ RJT
Alright, so now I need to know, what SHOULD I be paying for an Xone 62?

I guess I'm going to get one... As long as I can do it right...
idoru
I have the 62 and I have no regrets about it. The one thing that I miss are the MIDI options, but those aren't really a big deal. It all boils down to how patient you are as far as saving goes. You'll get there eventually, it just takes time. :)
DJ RJT
Alright... damn, I need Dan from DJ Mart to pop on here right now... between needing to buy two new CDJ800's, an A&H Xone 62, and possibly a Denon DNX-1500 a lot of money could be spent this week...

:nervous:

Edit: Or is it Drew?

:p
D-res
well if you need to get that 500 off your hands for some extra cash, i'd be happy to ;)

i had been DJing on a ty budget mixer that stopped working at the beginning of the summer so since i've moved to college, i've bought vinyl but they sit dormant in my record box :(

only chance i get to play now is if i go to my friends house and play on his 600. thats a rare occurance though since hes 70 miles away and we have vastly different schedule. i dont think i've even dropped a single track in almost 2 months

*heart breaks*
DJ RJT
quote:
Originally posted by D-res
well if you need to get that 500 off your hands for some extra cash, i'd be happy to ;)

i had been DJing on a ty budget mixer that stopped working at the beginning of the summer so since i've moved to college, i've bought vinyl but they sit dormant in my record box :(

only chance i get to play now is if i go to my friends house and play on his 600. thats a rare occurance though since hes 70 miles away and we have vastly different schedule. i dont think i've even dropped a single track in almost 2 months

*heart breaks*

Awwwww....

Well I think the DJM is going to become "My first mixer" for Myra, but if not, I'll keep you in mind D-res... I spend half my week like a ten minute drive from you, so it'd be easy to deliver...

Hoping I can order everything this weekend... fingers crossed...
DJ RJT
So.... is approx. $900 what I should be looking at here or what... :conf:
DJ RJT
Question answered :D

DJ Mart FTW...

Can't wait to get my new baby....

DJ Tranz
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RJT
Question answered :D

DJ Mart FTW...

Can't wait to get my new baby....