return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Kung Fu movies
View this Thread in Original format
Psionic
Lately I've been watching some great kung fu movies on TV and through DVDs friends of mine have (Kurosawa films, Drunken Master, etc.) and I was going to go to Best Buy or somewhere else tomorrow to look for some other good films to buy. What titles do you guys recommend that I look out for when I'm shopping?
D-res
kung fu hustle

or like those crazy named ones. ting parrot,angry lion

weird like that
Psionic
I'm looking more for the classic kung fu styled films (from the 1970s-80s and such). Not parodies or ones that use insane special effects to make it appear as though the people are flying.
getfoul
iron monkey or any jet li film that isnt starring dmx. Jet Li movies are great. heh. The enforcer, or Once Upon a Time in China 1 2 & 3
eRRaTiK
fong sai-yuk

EDIT: and there's always the David Carradine classic "Kung Fu" :P
Psionic
quote:
Originally posted by eRRaTiK
fong sai-yuk

EDIT: and there's always the David Carradine classic "Kung Fu" :P

Hehe this (Fong Sai-Yuk) was one of the movies I saw, and it is also on my to-buy list :)
D-res
you're gonna get your hands on all the old classic bruce lee stuff too, right?
emc^2
The drunken master with Jackie Chan. Or you can always revert back to good ol' Bruce Lee.

My personal favorite martial arts movie is "Blood sport". So cheesy yet good.... ummmm that's good eatin'. Oh, and Kickboxer. who can forget classic line: "You bleed like Mai Lee. Mai Lee's goooooooooooooood FUUUCK!"
Psionic
quote:
Originally posted by emc^2
The drunken master with Jackie Chan. Or you can always revert back to good ol' Bruce Lee.

My personal favorite martial arts movie is "Blood sport". So cheesy yet good.... ummmm that's good eatin'. Oh, and Kickboxer. who can forget classic line: "You bleed like Mai Lee. Mai Lee's goooooooooooooood FUUUCK!"

I have Drunken Master already.

D-res: Of course I'm not going to pass up Bruce Lee.
gwrmarines
I love jet li's movies im collecting them all!!:D :D

So far i have:
Fist of legend
The legend 1 & 2
Hero
The one
kiss of the dragon
romeo must die
Black mask
The defender
Born to defence
The master
Dr Wai in the Scriptures With No Words
Body gaurd from beijing

I have more but i dont remember them atm

But i have blood sport (my favorite)
Iron monkey
Croutching tiger hidden dragon
House of flying daggers

Just some i can think of off the top of my head. I have alot of older ones but i can think of em im not by my movies to list em but i got many more but not enough!

DjLiMZ.
Seriously if u like kung fu get Ong Bak no special effects all real its ing awesome
pooley
don't go for the commercial-us-wannabe-hongkong-movies.
Go for the original ones and there are ALOT !
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement