return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
whats the points of a mail in rebate?
View this Thread in Original format
allcentury18
seriously...
jupiterone
that still boggles me...its pathetic why dont they just ign change the price of the whole thing. idiots.
Sunsnail
it can influence people to buy products when they see something like "299-50 mail in rebate.. only 249! " then they never send in the rebate and get their 50 back. Also, many times the company will refuse to send you the money because you didnt do something right. You cannot resend it because they often require you to cut out the UPC code on the box...which they do not return to you
Ygrene
Manufacturers/retailers do it in rebate form so they don't lose their margin on EVERY piece. Undoubtedly, there will be a certain percentage of consumers that will be eligible for the rebate but forget to mail it in.

EDIT: Sunsnail knows
allcentury18
it just makes me so upset... i just told the t-mobile guy over the phone to do this...

him: okay, yeah its 150$ after the mail in rebate
me: okay, where do i mail it in to?
him: our headquarters here
me: ok, lets do this... take off the box whatever you need and go drop it off in the basket with the rest of them
him: sir i can't do that, you have to mail them in
me: but YOU HAVE THE REBATE AT YOUR PLACE ALREADY, we could really make this more efficient
him: you're right, mail in rebates are pretty pointless
me: thank you
Mebot
it takes 6-8 weeks for them to mail the rebate to you..

so in 6 to 8 weeks when u get a czech in the mail, you feel much better because you don't remember sending the rebate out.
Sunsnail
quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene

EDIT: Sunsnail knows

you like posting summaries of what i've already said huh :tongue2
Subey
Not sending in a rebate is like giving a tip to the manufacturer.
igottaknow
rebates are neat its like getting free money :toothless
verndogs
quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
it can influence people to buy products when they see something like "299-50 mail in rebate.. only 249! " then they never send in the rebate and get their 50 back. Also, many times the company will refuse to send you the money because you didnt do something right. You cannot resend it because they often require you to cut out the UPC code on the box...which they do not return to you

bingo

LeopoldStotch
quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail

+1

also .. it reflects on the manufactuerer's "revenue growth" therefore boosting their stock value a couple of points higher .. so therefore if you buys a hp computer, then you are helping the hp company as a whole and their investors more than you are helping yourself by buying a new computer ... you are helping them put more dollars into their pockets ... and all they had to do was put a simple "mail in rebate" sign on a simple computer .

:( ...

that's why rebates take "6 to 8" weeks to process .. as what they say ..
{b.s.e.}
it's a gimmick.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement